Oceanic Servers
Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Staff complaints (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced (/showthread.php?tid=979)

Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - Deskjet - 18-04-2019

Admins name : Chewbaker, Coinz, Ivork

Time of incident : roughly 9pm 18/04/2019

Evidence: https://youtu.be/4xBZluv-vuk

Details of the incident : as you can obviously tell I was in the process of completing my !lr in the form of an ak spray contest but when Coinz starts to repeat "can't do it, 3 rounds" obviously I just see it as admins being "funny" as usual and not being serious as they usually are. I have read the "phyisical" rules countless times and never read anything about there being a "3 round cooldown" for custom lrs. When the ct backstabbed me he had the sense to ask the staff members online if he should slay (which he definitely should have) but the admins just say "it's fine"  which is not the case. If this is happening to me best bet is that it is happening to many other players too so when will the admins grow a brain and actually take things seriously. I get that I'm not taken seriously sometimes but this blatant retardation is unwanted. What really rubs me the wrong way is that the seniors and ops are just doing this type of shit in front of 40 man lobbies is there any thought of consequence for what will happen in the future? no? makes sense.

sorry for the poor quality in the footage but you can obviously tell what is going on.

RE: Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - ONIONZZZ - 18-04-2019

I've only briefly watched the video and I haven't spoken to any staff members so I'm going to give my low-level point of view:

1. Not every rule we enforce is in the rules list, this is because we don't want to make a physical rule around everything or encourage the creation of rules around small things or very specific things, this is because it would make the game/gamemode more clinical and less fun, as there's less up to the players (creativity etc).
2. If they were going to slay you, the CT knifing you would be fine to knife you? If they were going to slay you anyway, why would the CT in question need to slay.
3. Although I haven't heard the "3 round cooldown" for custom LRs being enforced before, I don't see any objection to it as it is still (in my eyes) classed as a 'game'

Feel free to respond, my response is in no means an outcome.

RE: Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - CoiNz - 18-04-2019

I can remember telling you sternly at least once that I wasn't going to allow you to do the same custom LR 2 rounds in a row with the entire CT team as we let you do it last round and it took a bit to set up (50 players if I remember lots of people waiting).

Tl;dr there's lots of unwritten rules IVORK and I decided because your custom LR requires staff members to strip/give weapons and take a bit of time to set up it's a no go.
If it was a simple custom LR that didn't require us and didn't take too long to complete we wouldn't have stepped in.

Yes after you were told by multple admins to not do it we started to joke around, but you were told and chose to ignore staff request that's what happens.

View as it as expecting staff members to play admin games. It's at our discretion not yours. We let you do it once don't push it

PS: Pretty sure you cut my first words out of your youtube video convienently. I'd like to see the previous 10 seconds of that clip which I'm pretty sure I told you not to do it properly before I started meming.

RE: Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - Jas8621 - 18-04-2019

[Image: 6dda182247.png]

Idk Rule 2?

RE: Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - Deskjet - 19-04-2019

Coinz, please tell me which lr would take longer, going through each ct(6) one by one taking maybe 10-20 seconds per ct to do a knife 1v1 or an ak recoil competition which will involve every ct and be done with in a matter of seconds even with setting up because it doesn’t actually take that long believe it or not. You say that you “sternly” told me I couldn’t do an ak competition with no reason other than “can’t do it, already did it this round” which then changed to “can’t do it, 3 rounds” in an obvious joking tone and way because it is a reference to map games and games in general which in my opinion is absolutely hilarious! If I knew you were in the slightest bit serious I would have changed it to a m4-a4 recoil competition just to please you but the ct knifed me in the back even though I proclaimed multiple times I was doing a custom lr. At this present time I don’t even know if this rule was just for the hilarious skit or if it is an actual rule so please, let me know. Jas says something about “respecting decisions of staff members” which I do well most of not all of the time even if it is a bit hard but when I am presented with a “rule” which has never been spoken of and is always broken with staff on, I find it as a joke which I just basically ignore. A great way around this little fault here is to actually give reasoning behind rules that come out of the blue but, oh shit, wait, that wouldn’t be respecting the staff member decisions apparently. So, in the future you can either, be actually fucking serious when you pull a rule out of your ass or you can just not say anything and just let a normal lr take place.

RE: Admin abuse and no care for what is influenced - Hyphen - 20-04-2019

Closed

Yeah no, your custom lr's soul purpose is too delay and they are in there right to shut it down.