Oceanic Servers
Simon Says | The Revival. - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Simon Says | The Revival. (/showthread.php?tid=688)

Pages: 1 2

Simon Says | The Revival. - ayble - 05-02-2019

Hey guys, this is my case and point as to why Simon Says should be brought back.

A list of Rules and Regulations for the game: 

Quote:
1 - STATE THE DEFAULT POSITION BEFORE ORDERING. NECESSARY.

2 -  YOUR ORDERS SHOULD BE IN "INTERVALS" TAKE SHORT BREAKS AFTER EVERY ORDER. THIS HELPS PLAYERS KNOW WHICH ORDERS ARE CONNECTED. 

3 - THE WORD "SIMON" MAY NOT BE ACCENTED, TWISTED or TURNED IN ORDER TO TRICK PLAYERS. WE ARE PLAYING SIMON SAYS NOT SéMON SAYS.

4 - SIMON MUST SAY "SIMON SAYS, SIMON SAYS IS OVER" IN ORDER FOR THE ROUND TO PROGRESS REGULARLY. NEGLIGIBLE ON "LR".

5 - SIMON SAYS CANNOT BE PLAYED MORE THAN 1 TIME PER 3 ROUNDS. 

6 - IF ALL PLAYERS FAIL A PROGRESSION, SIMON MUST RE-STATE THE ORIGINAL ORDER. ONLY 1 CHANCE IS APPOINTED.

7 - SIMON SAYS CANNOT BE PLAYED IF MORE THAN 10 T's ARE ALIVE.

8 - PLAYERS MAY ONLY BE KILLED BY SIMON. CT's MAY PROVIDE THEIR INPUT. BUT ONLY SIMON IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS/HER ACTIONS.

9 - EXPLAIN WHY AN INDIVIDUAL WAS KILLED TO INFORM AND CORRECT. NOT COMPULSORY BUT SHOULD BE CONCIDERED.

10 - BE DECISIVE WITH YOUR KILLS. REMEMBER TO COMPENSATE FOR MIC DELAY/SERVER LAG.

11 - PLAYERS MUST BE ABLE TO HEAR SIMON, IF AUDIO QUALITY IS FEINT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY SIMON SAYS. UNLESS REGULATED BY STAFF.

12 - SIMON SAYS MAY NOT BE USED AS A MEANS OF "MOVEMENT" ORDERING T's TO CERTAIN MAP GAME'S OR FAR DESTINATIONS.

This will make the game more concise. As before, it was kind of up in the air. More rules could be added such as a compulsory Tutorial Round. Through i'd like to leave some rules up to consensus during trial and tribulations.

Here's a video of me playing Simon Says:  

It was an early morning and i made all the T's consent before playing.

It was simple and straight forward. Follow the order that comes after 'Simon Says' and return to the default position. Failure results in death.
The game is not hard, it just wasn't regulated properly. I know it was voted out, but i feel it had alot of bad press due to 
incompetent individuals. I hope that with rules and proper demonstration, people will learn how to play the game competently. 

side note: The original petition.

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - Cerulean - 05-02-2019

After reading this ayble I know you were disaybled back then but I gotta give you a FAT

+1

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - Ibrahim Salih Mohammed Al-Yacoub - 05-02-2019

i agree with everything here +1 unban simon says

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - ONIONZZZ - 05-02-2019

Didn't even read your post, but the sole reason as to why the game has so many rules is the reason it's banned. No one knows the rules, you can't explain them all over mic every time it's played and it's more abused than played properly.

It doesn't matter if you can play it properly. Some people can, but many don't.

So no.

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - ayble - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 04:04 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: "Didn't even read your post"
thank you.

Quote:"but the sole reason as to why the game has so many rules is the reason it's banned."

In my thread:
Quote:This will make the game more concise. As before, it was kind of up in the air.
Simon Says is appealing -because it is so flexible. It awards smart, aware and experienced players. And draws attributes from eye-spy, trivia and movement games. 

Quote:"It doesn't matter if you can play it properly. Some people can, but many don't."

In my thread:
Quote:Follow the order that comes after 'Simon Says' and return to the default position. Failure results in death.
The game is not hard, it just wasn't regulated properly.
If you cannot play a game that is as simple "ordering T's to follow a pattern" then you shouldn't be warden.

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - ONIONZZZ - 05-02-2019

How is it more concise? You listed 12 rules for ONE game..? You proved my point right..?

The reason it was banned is because players would try and do something in the game that was allowed on other servers and an admin or a player would yell over the mic "Can't do that", etc. There's 12 rules. Nothing is going to change.

You proved all of my points correct.

It has a high potential of ruining the round/game for the Ts.. yet you only care about rewarding good wardens.
One tiny move out of line and you get killed, rewards Nazi and freekilling CTs (another reason why it was banned)

EDIT: Also.. When there's no admins no one can police this BS.. Hence why it was banned.

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - PorkyBear - 05-02-2019

Go back to sleep ayble.

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - LeBeau - 05-02-2019

I'd be impressed if someone managed to call out "Simon Says open cells". And then tell us a good reason why we should reinstate this game.

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - ayble - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 06:23 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: How is it more concise? You listed 12 rules for ONE game..? You proved my point right..?

They're called rules and regulations... most of them are common sense. -Can't be played if more than 10 t's alive.
-Players must be able to hear simon. -Can't be played before 3 rounds. -Take short breaks after every order. etc.

The reason it was banned is because players would try and do something in the game that was allowed on other servers and an admin or a player would yell over the mic "Can't do that", etc. There's 12 rules. Nothing is going to change.

These rules are crafted towards our play-style. Many new comers, have learnt to adapt to our play-style. This can easily translate to Simon Says as well. 
-Simon Says may not be used as a means of "movement" ordering T's to certain map games or far destinations. -The word Simon may not be accented, twisted or turned.
These two rules cater towards our gameplay and also make the game far more concise. As wardens with shit mics would do the semon thing/abuse movement.

You proved all of my points correct.

Negevtitioryius.

It has a high potential of ruining the round/game for the Ts.. yet you only care about rewarding good wardens.

Admin regulation will be super easy. Only 10 are allowed to play. And players may only be killed by Simon. Leaving 1 culprit to slay. And a small bunch to respawn. And yes, i do care about rewarding good wardens. Without them, we wouldn't have a server.

One tiny move out of line and you get killed, rewards Nazi and freekilling CTs (another reason why it was banned)

I literally say in one of the regulations. -be decisive with your kills, remember to compensate for mic delay/server lag. Does gun check not encourage Nazi CT's? Nothing a respawn/warning can't fix.

EDIT: Also.. When there's no admins no one can police this BS.. Hence why it was banned.

If any nerd violates any rules (and no admins are on), he will get reported by the players. I don't see your point?

RE: Simon Says | The Revival. - CLUBY918owo - 05-02-2019

I personally don’t know which side to agree but we should have another go at it