Oceanic Servers
just a couple quality of life changes take them or leave them - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: just a couple quality of life changes take them or leave them (/showthread.php?tid=681)

just a couple quality of life changes take them or leave them - Ibrahim Salih Mohammed Al-Yacoub - 02-02-2019

hey just a couple of suggestions i think ds should do to improve quality of life most of them aint even that hard to put in

Im going to be breaking this up into sections based on what type of suggestion it is

Rules:

1:get rid off the rules that aren't enforced for example these rules listed below
rule 1 
rule 5
rule 37
admin rule 1

reason for getting rid of these:
these rules are not enforced there fore they confuse new players and players who don't understand that those rules are not enforced

2 we need rules for the domination discord server

reason for this:
I know the rules are pretty self explanatory but it would still help newer players to just have a chat in the discord were discord only rules are 

In game things that need to change

1: zeus rebel needs to change a little bit 

What needs to change about Zeus rebel
basically if the t has VIP taser jump it should be enabled for all alive players in the Zeus rebel but if the t doesn't have VIP jump it should be disabled for the cts

Reason for change its is really hard to be a t without VIP trying to Zeus rebel when more then 1 ct has VIP and if your in a group of cts without VIP and the t just keeps jumping to spots that are impossible without VIP jump it is annoying because you are basically forced to slay so if you take my advice and enable it for everyone during the Lr or no one it would be more fair and well rounded

2 [REDACTED] - IVORK

3 Axes Hammers and all throwables

What it is: basically when you go to stab or swing your throwable weapon (axe hammer eg) it shakes your screen which is a bit of a nitpick but it is extremely annoying watch the video bellow to see what i'm talking about  

What should be done about it: it is really annoying the way it bumps your screen so if someone could code that part out would be really cool

Video link: https://youtu.be/WAvKnAzzHyc

thanks for reading i spent alot of time thinking about his writing it and getting the shit ready so if you read to fully i appreciate it and it a admin/admins reply telling me there thoughts on these suggestion would be appreciated

RE: just a couple quality of life changes take them or leave them - IVORK - 03-02-2019

Moved back post-sanitize for public discussion.

RE: just a couple quality of life changes take them or leave them - ayble - 04-02-2019

I'm going through your thread point by point. These are my unbiased opinions about your perspective :D

You're taking the rules at face value. The heading literally says: Use your common sense, these rules are to be used as guidance for game play.

rule 1: Racism is commonly joked about, it generally isn't used to actually discriminate/intimidate people. In the case that one is being unironically abused for their irl ethnicity, race or appearance, it will be sufficiently categorized as a "dox". Entitling a mute/suspension of some kind.

rule 5: This rule generally applies to Q & A games. If a dead CT is able to see what the answer is to a trivia, then decides to reveal it by name communicating he will be penalized. Anything that falls under the category of "spoiling a game" is most commonly referred to as "ghosting".

rule 37: This rule is infact enforced. You see it when people start shouting 'smoke bait!' and move frantically around the confined area. A T has the right to move a sufficient amount away from the stack if it does not contribute to a game of some kind.

Admin rule 1: Staff must be respectful to all players alike. If you feel disrespected by a staff member, making a complaint genuinely helps mitigating this issue. Most staff members enjoy abit of back and forth, which shouldn't be taken seriously. It is a gaming community after all :o

If a channel needs rules it will be pinned at the top right corner.

If a T has a definite unfair advantage during LR they will be warned (i hope). I sorta agree with the VIP thing, though some advantages do need to be given to VIP as it generates a good source of revenue that provides for the servers to be run without profit loss

I'm pretty sure thats a feature that cannot be modified, as its animation comes from valves end. (i could be wrong though).