Oceanic Servers
Zifik (STEAM_1:0:157142747) | Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Zifik (STEAM_1:0:157142747) | Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=4685)

Zifik (STEAM_1:0:157142747) | Unban Request - Zithic - 11-03-2023

Name: Zifik

SteamID or Discord ID: STEAM_1:0:157142747

Type of Ban: CTBan

Which Server?: Jailbreak #2

Why were you banned?: Sitting out of sight of Ts and soundwhoring vents (clearing vent backwards on LA)

Why should you be unbanned?: I wouldn't say that what I was doing was sitting outside sight of T's or soundwhoring vents tbh. Where I was sitting in the most part (in my opinion) was a reasonable position to be sitting in incase of people attempted to rebel to gunroom ect ect. I would not say that I was excessively or intentionally sitting outside of sight. When you can hear people running around in gunroom then you can safely assume that the vent is open and you can potentially clear it if you wish, which I do in a less ethical manner.

Besides this, what I find the most concerning is that the solution to this is to straight ban me without warning. It would have been nice to have a message "hey can you stop doing that" or something along those lines. Last time I remembered your job as staff would be to "teach" the players what they are doing wrong is wrong instead of going straight to banning the player. You can say all you like that I am ex staff and know what I was doing was wrong but no, I will admit I do push the rules a bit (which to my knowledge is exactly what I was doing here). How am I meant to know what I'm doing is "wrong" without a message or warning of some kind?

have fun reading Smile

RE: Zifik (STEAM_1:0:157142747) | Unban Request - Goose - 11-03-2023

Hey Zithic

First of all, I'm going to say that you did infact break the rules. Over multiple rounds, you sat outside of the door leading up to gunroom on LA waiting for the vent to open. Now, it is reasonable to say that you sat in a location at which Ts are likely to rebel towards. However, through my observations over several rounds, I found that you were motivated to sit in this position not for stopping rebellers from entering through that hallway, but killing Ts straight from vents. In terms of sitting out of sight of Ts, I noticed on several occasions that you liked to sit out of sight of Ts (which is not uncommon on LA) by using smokes and sitting behind it. You seemed to understand my position on this when you messaged me yesterday, so I'm not going to go further into it.

To address your second paragraph. Should I have warned you before banning? Probably. Did you do something which I thought was a complete and deliberate disregarding of the rules of the server? Yes. You were staff for nearly two years, you are aware of how the server operates and how the rules are enforced. You have far too much knowledge and experience to understand that what you were doing was bad.

As you rightfully pointed out, there was no "hey stop doing that" leading up to the ban, I will be reducing the ban to expire at 6am on the 12th of March, and to treat it as your warning for the future. Your attempts at circumventing the rules will not be taken lightly.

Closed