Oceanic Servers
New games, play some underappreciated maps - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: New games, play some underappreciated maps (/showthread.php?tid=4652)

New games, play some underappreciated maps - Pedro - 08-02-2023

Hello my friends minus a few of you in which case hi,

Was just wondering if there were some really underappreciated maps that quite literally never get played that I should start voting for and start recommending? Although they are quite good maps and I enjoy playing them, I personally grow tired of the consistent map rotation that the server follows daily such as maximum, venice, wakka, italia, LA, wazza, canyonbam, arctic, revolution etc. Please, pop some pitches down for your personal favourite 'underappreciated' map so that you can ideally convince both the server population and I to want to play them more often. 

Same goes for creative games too ig that aren't map games. I know APender made a full document in collaboration with this mostly delightful community, however even your personal favourites that you haven't seen done yet or as frequently as you like are worthy of a statement. Please help me and others improve as a warden that will appeal to you and play games that you like, instead of having to do the same obbys and climbs we've been doing for literal years in some cases. Here are some ones I wanna try out :>) :

Objection
- Some of the prisoners of the Oceanic Servers prison system believe themselves to be falsely accused of their crimes and demand a retrial, however due to a soaring crime rate and lack of legally trained professionals, prison guards are allowed the extraordinary power of reducing a prison sentence or executing prisoners to make space for the rising prison population. CT's play the part of a jury/judge and must decide on whether a selected t (either voluntarily, loser to a game or chosen by a winner of another) is guilty of a crime  (the in-game command of !crime or !record or whatever it is to display imprisonment reason can be used). Both T's (or groups) are given a certain amount of time and must convince the jury of their innocence or certainty of guilt. After both cases have been heard, the jury should find themselves convinced on whoever held the strongest case in either the defence/accused or prosecution, at which point either the defendant or prosecutor shall die if they are not convincing enough. a simple voting game that is to encourage creativity and quick thinking for both t's

"Your honour, beloved jury, standing before you is Angelo! An infamous kebab stealer and notorious for having a thick accent which he uses to steal credit card information! He deservers the death penalty!" - Robert

"Nah bah thats bullshit ya fucken dawg I only eat the kebabs after I pay for 'em with my own money ong fr fr" - Anthon- I mean angelo

"The jury have come to a mostly unanimous decision, we find the defendant innocent! The prosecution is to be charged with defamation punishable only by death!" - CT's/Jury

Red Wedding
- Due to the progressive nature of the Oceanic Servers prison system and in preparation of Valentines Day, the wohden and their coworkers have allowed a time for matriomony in the gritty and harsh world of their prisons. Hoping to spark signs of hope and love, two t's are selected (via a race, trivia question etc. winning t can name their bride or groom to be) to be married (preferably on a soccer pitch or another open area) in full view of their co prisoners, however jealousy overtakes the prisoners not being the centre of attention at the ceremony. "Speak now or forever hold your peace" echoes across the prison, followed by an abrupt prisoner disrupting the process. T's are encouraged to object to the marriage (in chat - "I object!" to ensure it is fair for those without mics and to avoid bias choosing) and state a legitimate reason as to why the ceremony should no longer take place or that they would make for a better bride or groom. Whatever was confessed or exposed will then have to be defended by the accused bride/groom to be, for example:

Speak now or forever hold your peace! - Wohden/the priest dude idk the name

"I object! BigDucky has been cheating on Chiswell with an ex-prisoner! This marriage should not happen!" - Accusing T

Bigducky what have you to say for yourself!?

"This is outrageous, I have been bound by a chastity belt this entire time and Chiswell knows it too !" - Accused Bride

CT's then vote and, similar to Objection, the most convincing case will survive. If for example, BigDucky was killed in this scenario, the Accusing T will take his place until another T accuses them or the groom of another act of adultery or whatever disgusting behaviour. If no T's object, either the bride and groom can sit out for the next game or two or if there are less than 10 t's in the ceremony, all are killed minus the now married bride and groom. Due to the nature of this game, it is advised that the accused are only allowed a brief time to defend themselves, it is important to consider the server pop and ensure it doesn't drop on, as two philosophical and married at first sight fans could easily be locked in a constant back and fourth exchange while spectators dc.

Messy Divorce

Growing up with only one parent because the other is in prison is a terrible thing, but not to fear, in the world of Oceanic Servers, if one of your parents go to jail, so do you! Sadly, their partner does as well, and this apparently does not do a relationship good, as it always results in divorce. Two disgruntled ex-lovers (either the losers or winners of a previous game) are caught in a fight over the custody of as many of their children as possible (remaining t's). Best played with an odd-number but doable with an even one, the children of the divorcees are put in an awkward and horrible position, having to choose between their mum and dad. Both Mum and Dad are given a certain amount of time to convince their children to come to them in exchange for either their choice in the next game to be played, bribery in the form of cold hard credits, concise and humours reasons or, of course, unconditional love. This game can be played in however the ward- I mean the divorce attorney's decide, however I'd imagine it being with all t's either in cage or the finishing area of an obby etc, divorcees exit and remain on opposite sides of a certain area and everyone remains silent until the first child is called up. Who ever speaks first can be determined in a number of ways, I would personally make the first parent to type "Honey, please I love you!" or something similar speak first. 

May the first child please come centre stage. - Divorce Attorney/CT

"Please, let me speak to my child!"- Mrkz

"Yert, please, you know I love you more than anything and if you choose me over your father Illdog, I will give you 5000 credits and you can tell the warden what game you want to play next!" - Mrkz

"Dont listen to that crazy bitch! She's uh, crazy! I'll make the attorneys take us to Maccas or let you choose a song to play in Disco!" - Illdog

The child would then choose who they wish to go with based on how their parent appeals to them. When all children have chosen a parent to go with, there are several ways to continue. An all out knife fight TDM between the now fractured family can occur if FF is turned on (my personal favourite, admins to colour the family would be ideal pls and ty xx), the side of the family with the least amount of children dies, which ever side of the family finishes a race/bhop/obby first, hide and seek, putt putt on the roof of revo, soccer, etc. Again this game encourages creativity and originality in the wohden or their fellow ct's.

Till Death do us Part

Valentines Day has made some of the prisoners, in their seemingly never ending loneliness, shack up with their cell mates or other prisoners they just can't live without. Their love for one another knows no bound, and if their partner(s) were to perish via a gunshot wound from running out of time to complete an obby, fall to their death in climb, or abandon them and decide to rebel or venture into an auto kos area, they too will die either from heartbreak or the judgemental ct's who find it weak you let your lover run out on you to rebel. 
"Unicorn your pheromones are to my liking and your face is looking very symmetrical and even, wanna be my partner in crime?" - Candy

"Yeah of course but only if you wanna rebel and run to gunroom later?" - Unicorn

"No but I wanna complete Ice skating!" 

"Better find another lover you loser or come rebel with me!"

It is important that the t's find a partner that matches not just their type, but also skill level and thought process, no one wants to be heart broken by their lover who decides to run away from them in order to rebel while you follow the orders and attempt ice skating on Arctic! A great number of things can go wrong so it is advised to keep this to lower player pops until a formula is made and common concerns are fixed.

That's all I've got for now, I encourage some of the more experienced or the brave of our community to try and host some of these games on some new, underplayed maps so that we can break some boring cycles and spice up our time on OS! Please, if you have any suggestions for new games, maps, etc. put them down below. Thanks Smile

RE: New games, play some underappreciated maps - kizzle - 08-02-2023

So true!

RE: New games, play some underappreciated maps - music - 08-02-2023

+1 sounds very fun Pman

RE: New games, play some underappreciated maps - Unicorn - 08-02-2023

i would never call candy a loser

RE: New games, play some underappreciated maps - Charlemagne King of the Franks - 09-02-2023

someone give me a tl;dr
im not reading all that

RE: New games, play some underappreciated maps - kizzle - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 12:55 PM)Charlemagne King of the Franks Wrote: someone give me a tl;dr
im not reading all that

Server is repeating the same usual maps and should vote for different ones. Also brought up a bunch of new games we should try (kind of like Apenders mapgame file)