Oceanic Servers
Tobiia Staff Complaint - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Staff complaints (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Tobiia Staff Complaint (/showthread.php?tid=4566)

Tobiia Staff Complaint - Sun Tzu - 24-11-2022

Admins Name: Tobiia

Time of incident: 24/11/2022 20:18:11

Evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-xFAUahuu8&ab_channel=SunTzu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjn5vgz6oww&ab_channel=SunTzu

Details of the Incident: Here we see tobiia abusing his noclip perms to kill cts. The acceptable justification for a non-orthodox use of staff perms is making the server more fun. Neither of these events did that (apparent in the simply confused reactions from other players). In the first clip Tobiia is using his perms for a joyride purely for his own entertainment. He is killing cts for no reason. He is also doing so in noclip which means they have no way of fighting back. This does not create a more fun enjoyable environment, simply wastes their time. The fact that he revives them does not change the fact this is simply abuse for his own enjoyment. If a lower staff member used their perms for such purposes there would, of course, be a discussion had. The second clip shows a most egregious abuse of his perms. He uses his noclip to kill a ct in an actual round, one of the only 2 cts on the team mind you. He does not even slay himself for this, noclipping back to his cell WITH THE GUN before dying to a smoke and playing out the following round as if he did nothing wrong. He then decides, 2 rounds later, to randomly freeze and unfreeze all players at the start of the round, which serves no actual purpose besides flexing his perms I guess? Quite frankly, this behaviour is appalling. I personally think an operator should be held to a higher standard than abusing their perms for their own enjoyment on the few actual occasions they decide to play the server they are a staff member of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjn5vgz6oww&ab_channel=SunTzu

Accidently linked the same video twice here is the second

RE: Tobiia Staff Complaint - PMartian - 24-11-2022

That is an absolute disgusting use of staff perms. I hope justice is served.

RE: Tobiia Staff Complaint - joey - 24-11-2022

What the frick

RE: Tobiia Staff Complaint - magicsboyy - 24-11-2022

Hey Sun.

Thanks for the update.
The management team will be looking into this.

Note we do take complaints seriously and will be investigating as such.

Thanks

Closing for mean time as shit posts etc.
Any additional info can be sent to myself on discord

RE: Tobiia Staff Complaint - tobiia - 30-11-2022

Good evening everyone, I will respond to this one now on behalf of myself and not the Management team as a whole.

Will leave them to express their own take.

First on the complaint itself. I am of the opinion that this post is quite lacklustre to be frank.

I believe this stems from grievances Sun Tzu has with the staff team or rather Management core overall - in particular after not being apart of recent staff movements.

To put it plainly, SunTzu was denied what he thought he should have gotten and this has led to him to engage in Gada-esk behaviour.

Since he left the staff team, he has taken every opportunity to publicly discredit the server/staff team, throwing out little nonchalant quips and jabs either on the server or in respective discord chats.

He does this in a misbegotten belief that it is for the greater good or for the good of the server, the fact of the matter is, he feels disenfranchised and hurt. "How can I be denied HA when there are
low impact, inactive ops still sticking around?" - (To assume what he may be thinking.)

A running theme in our community is that, it is the team the picks the team, not any one person or opinion, the team didn't feel as though Sun was ready for that responsibility and that's it. It doesn't go deeper than that mate.

Much like Gada, if he continues on this path, he'll find himself isolated, regretful and will leave of his own accord realising there is more to life than this.

The complaint itself alludes to me actively making the server unfun and towards my own benefit and ego.

A noble cause, however in reality, you'll find that it omits crucial detail and is just emotionally charged.

You'll find that if you were actually there, you'd see that any nonstandard way I used commands was reverted nearly 2 seconds later with the relevant round proceeding as normal, everything mentioned, completely inconsequential.

The players at the time had no complaints and were laughing along with the foolery, the shock value of someone just doing crazy bad boi shit like that.

Sun Tzu would have you believe that he's doing this on behalf of the poor players who suffered at my abuse. The reality is, he took the time to make these clips, cropping them and writing his post here
all for the sake of making a public show. It's sensationalism and the same Gada mindset of "heh heh, got them now muahahhahah. I'm blowing this corruption right open!!"

If Sun truly cared, he would take the time to maybe speak to the applicable players, see what they thought and maybe talk to a trusted admin. But instead, he took the first opportunity he got to publicly vent
out his emotions on the forums and discord server which is quite plainly beneath him.
Whilst I encourage the use of public forum staff complaints, this one was done in error and for the wrong reasons.
Sun Tzu is complaining about low pop, late night admin command fun with a cold one. Come on man.
He literally mentioned something about me freezing people for flexing? Like I accidentally hit a bind, went oh shit, hit it again and everything proceeded as normal. It's not that deep man.

As the only staff member on, I'll also note I attended any reported BAU freekills/rule breaks per standard procedures. As I have every other time I've jumped onto the server.

If any of the actual players at the time feel like they were wronged, please reach out to me and I'm happy to chat about it.

Pmartion man, I certainly appreciate what you're doing. You're backing up your homeboy and being a good friend.
However I don't believe anyone has seen you express and opinion that wasn't already uttered by SunTzu 5 seconds prior.
You'd do well to voice your own opinions and not be so obedient.
Good friends are those that experience stupid shit with you but the best friends are those that talk you out of doing that stupid shit (but ofc is still with them anyway)
I implore you to convince your mate to chill out.
I won't say "touch grass" or anything because I know you and Sun are decent blokes in the real world, the main reason why I am so shocked to see this behaviour from you guys.
I truly hope you guys don't fall into the same traps and fuck off feeling unappreciated, you guys are better than that.

Lastly I'll mention that despite myself thinking this post (and subsequent, now copy pasta mini essays) is poo poo, I will be opting to resign for the following reasons:

- I do agree that as a muchly inactive op, there are diminishing returns I cannot make up for due to lack of time and interest.
- The last thing I would want to do as op is cause trouble for our big bois, they put an incredible amount of effort into keeping the place and the idea of AUS JB running.
The last thing they need is me sticking around as ammo for Gada-esk characters.
- It has been a long time coming and has lingered on my mind as far back as Jas' exit.
When I had become OP many moons ago, I too had lofty ideas of staff reformation and changing the server but fell into a slow apathy and have felt guilty ever since.
Nonetheless, I'm still happy with my time as OP, although I wasn't on the server playing much, I took every opportunity to contribute towards the administrative duties.
The most fun I've had was onboarding new bright eyed staff and even welcoming back previous ones.
Seeing Sun Tzu and Pmartion fight and meme with the others in admin chats over who got to mentor who was always a joy and the toughest decisions ahaha.
Everytime that happened, I would receive a breath of inspiration to just come back and get into it.
This of course would slowly die out in it's own right.
- I have full confidence in the staff team as is, there are still a lot of names floating around with heaps of enthusiasm and vigour and the Management team cares about the community.

I have no intentions on leaving the community however.

I'll still push my cringey memes wherever I can ahahha and am still interested in contributing or hosting community events when the time is right.

Sun Tzu, I was always rooting for you and Pmar, acting like real seniors whenever you did, just as I rooted for Zackie and Moose.
In the days leading up and and after your resignations, I saw the toxicity and cringey-ness from you and was just disappointed and actually mad myself.
However seeing you on the server today, just having fun like any other player, I know that you're not a bad guy, you are better than this, you just got to chill our and remember, it's not that deep.

Now I'm not interested in a pedantic pissing contest on the forums, will post this than be done. If Sun or anyone else thinks I'm delusional and want to tell me, do just reach out to me and I'm happy to chat over voice
and actually work it out.

Kind regards everyone,

Private OS Citizen
tobiia
James

Proof reading I see a lot of Gada mentions, sorry man, don't mean to open old wounds but that's just the best example I can give.

I also understand the irony of jabbing at OS essay writing but have done so myself, I just hope I articulated how I felt clearly and didn't digress too much.

RE: Tobiia Staff Complaint - chiswell - 01-12-2022

Speaking from the Management team -

Ill say Tobiia definitely has put his thoughts about the situation both the complaint and his time serving as an Op eloquently.

Not much else has to be said by us,

Do note that Tobiia as he mentioned has had thoughts of taking a step back due to the reality of wanting to contribute but being unable to do so due to not having enough time, I guess this was just the final nail in the coffin.

As such we thank Tobiia for his service and glad he will still be around the community, Just like i hope you two lads will in a non toxic way.