Oceanic Servers
Admin favoritism among peers. - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Staff complaints (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Admin favoritism among peers. (/showthread.php?tid=455)

Admin favoritism among peers. - Champ kind - 24-11-2018

Admins name : Police/ Mickan /Dildo /various admins

Time of incident : 14:20 24/11/2018

Evidence : Unfortunately my screenshots of chats didn't load but the crux of the story are as follows; 

Details of the incident : Admin Police played a difficult Bhop game, there was 22-23 T's alive. Upon completion of the game, there was 5 T's left. As per rule;

19. During a game, a maximum of 10 Ts can be killed, except when the game is not player controlled (i.e. Obstacle courses or Roulette on Lockdown).

more then 10 Ts were killed (18 by my count) and therefore the warden must slay himself. The server made the request but Police and other admins said "this is not controllable and is OK sometimes". Now, as I understand it definitions, if a CT has to kill the T for a game, then that means that it is controllable. I @ Admins and explained that, I was told to read the rules to understand, I did and it appears that I am not mistaken

Admin Mickan then messaged me and said that they don't know how many Ts won't make it so it's not controllable. Considering more then 3 T's failed the example, it was evident lots of Ts were going to die, it is 100% possible to move Ts to a place if they don't make it and then kill them at the end if it's less then 10 or get them to do it again Etc or play another game, that is controllable. 

Also whilst I was in conversation with admins, other admins repeatedly muted me and told me to not spam Admin chat, I don't believe having a conversation, where someone is replying, is spamming. 

There appears to be a "boys club" mentality and if you wish to not repeat the lessons of old, I would recommend stamping this out, there has been several occasions where Police has made bad decisions and this has been backed up by other admins. 

Thank you for your time,
Champ.

RE: Admin favoritism among peers. - ONIONZZZ - 24-11-2018

Quote: There appears to be a "boys club" mentality and if you wish to not repeat the lessons of old, I would recommend stamping this out, there has been several occasions where Police has made bad decisions and this has been backed up by other admins.

Thanks, really appreciate the high quality feedback. We are totally unaware about any and all previous Jailbreak communities.

Police and Dildo are both trial moderators and are expected to make mistakes. That is the point of the trial period. That being said, we have spoken to three in regards to this, and after reviewing the situation I do believe it is an uncontrollable game, HOWEVER, the warden should have been slayed regardless due to the nature of the game that was being played. You don't know how many Ts will die from a jump game, but Police did put himself into a situation where he could have altered the outcome of the game by specifying alternate rules / outcome knowing that such an amount of Ts could die.

We will also review the use / availability of the !tgag command.

Thanks