Oceanic Servers
Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Jailbreak (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? (/showthread.php?tid=4401)

Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - Genocidal Machine - 16-07-2022

Rounds are usually short and chaotic. The lack of gun checks probably has something to do with it. When abouts did the quality of CTs decline? You'll have Ts rush vent for example and win a dozen rounds in a row but it doesn't occur to the CTs to well, idk guard the vent. It sucks because every round is quickly won by Ts and rebelling isn't as fun anymore as a result. Before you'd think twice before rebelling because you'd have to wait ages for the next round. These days who gives a fuck because the round is over in a minute or two. Another thing that's fucking annoying is when CTs don't give orders and fuck around then they'll quickly give a brief mumbled order then open the cells at the last second. Fuck me waiting 45+ seconds at the start of every round for a short shit round is frustrating as hell. 

Whatever happened to "All Ts when the cell doors open make your way over to the coloured banner for a gun check any detouring or delaying you'll be shot don't knife vent, open cells". All done in about 15 seconds. There's clear precise instructions, you knew exactly who the warden was and the CTs would maintain control and actually have some knowledge of the map. These days people do whatever the fuck they want. 

Bring back gun checks or are players too ADHD these days? 

The reason why I bitch so much is because every time I hop on jailbreak I get sad knowing it'll never be the same. Being completely genuine and sincere, Jailbreak back in the source days was objectively more fun. Not only was the game better suited for jailbreak and minigames, the community was so much better and more active. Shit was hilarious back then too. Watching some of desincs videos really brought me back and JB in 2022 just doesn't do it. This generation doesn't know how to play jailbreak properly and it's sad that this mod is a shadow of it's former self. It's also sad that all the old maps (only maps worth playing) are just really dumbed down inferior versions of their originals.

I don't think the kids on discord will ever understand where I'm coming from. I really really miss jailbreak 2011ca. And I refuse to believe I'm the only one.

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - gada - 16-07-2022

Quote:The reason why I bitch so much is because every time I hop on jailbreak I get sad knowing it'll never be the same. Being completely genuine and sincere, Jailbreak back in the source days was objectively more fun. Not only was the game better suited for jailbreak and minigames, the community was so much better and more active. Shit was hilarious back then too. Watching some of desincs videos really brought me back and JB in 2022 just doesn't do it. This generation doesn't know how to play jailbreak properly and it's sad that this mod is a shadow of it's former self. It's also sad that all the old maps (only maps worth playing) are just really dumbed down inferior versions of their originals.

Gunchecks are not what make jailbreak fun, I have no idea why you seem to believe that a guncheck at the start of every round is going to change anything at all simply because its what you are used to. In reality the reason that Ts are winning more rounds than you are used to is the community is generally in a cycle of new players since the re-brand so people will have less experience, maps are more favourable to Ts with guns, tasers, etc and vip has more perms than you are used to. 

Quote:"Bring back gun checks or are players too ADHD these days?"

Bit hypocritical of you to spout ADHD as an insult considering you have mass freekilled every single time a round has not gone your way... 

Quote:The reason why I bitch so much is because every time I hop on jailbreak I get sad knowing it'll never be the same.

While I agree its fair to look back into the old days for anything and imagine it to be a better time, it's probably just to do with you being younger and enjoying the game more. I assume you're just a 25ish year old so you were probably in school back in 2011 jailbreak so you think more fondly of the time instead of objectively viewing the quality of the JB. 

Quote:It's also sad that all the old maps (only maps worth playing) are just really dumbed down inferior versions of their originals.

This is not a fault of the admins its more an issue with porting into CS:GO, im sure you would bitch and moan if the servers crashed every 5 minutes because we need the REAL version of the maps.

My main problem with you in general is that you have provided absolutely nothing to the community. You complain Wahh jailbreak isnt like what it used to be this new generation doesnt know how to play yet you haven't actually done anything at all to make it like the jailbreak you remember. All that you do when you get on CT is mass freekill, all that you do on discord is complain of everyone being far inferior to you or the old days, and all you do on the forums is the exact same. If you want something to change, you better start doing it, or else you're just as pathetic as the people you complain about so often. Be a player like Raymond if you want old JB in modern times, the only thing people know you for at all is mass freekilling and general degen actions.

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - h0wLze. - 16-07-2022

Like I said before people miss it but they tend to just get over it, lmao just move on brooo

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - Genocidal Machine - 16-07-2022

(16-07-2022, 01:06 PM)h0wLze. Wrote: Like I said before people miss it but they tend to just get over it, lmao just move on brooo

I know I need to move on. I just want people to acknowledge that the source days were better.

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - IVORK - 16-07-2022

(16-07-2022, 02:12 PM)Genocidal Machine Wrote:
(16-07-2022, 01:06 PM)h0wLze. Wrote: Like I said before people miss it but they tend to just get over it, lmao just move on brooo

I know I need to move on. I just want people to acknowledge that the source days were better.

Is anyone that was there saying they weren't? Source is dead though, we couldn't reliably fill the server to any similar degree if it were still there. And any event that hasn't changed much will be remembered more fondly when it's still new & exciting. These aren't groundbreaking statements you're making. Of course 30min on server isn't going to be as entertaining as a 30min compilation of 'best bits'.

Conveniently skipping all the negative of that era, way less frequently staffed, "Sorry no respawn admins", ctbanned for smoking even mass freekillers, massies like yours were 2 month server bans and ctbans in general were way more harsh & permanent until appeal, just to name a few.

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - Genocidal Machine - 16-07-2022

(16-07-2022, 11:24 AM)gada Wrote:
Quote:The reason why I bitch so much is because every time I hop on jailbreak I get sad knowing it'll never be the same. Being completely genuine and sincere, Jailbreak back in the source days was objectively more fun. Not only was the game better suited for jailbreak and minigames, the community was so much better and more active. Shit was hilarious back then too. Watching some of desincs videos really brought me back and JB in 2022 just doesn't do it. This generation doesn't know how to play jailbreak properly and it's sad that this mod is a shadow of it's former self. It's also sad that all the old maps (only maps worth playing) are just really dumbed down inferior versions of their originals.

"Gunchecks are not what make jailbreak fun, I have no idea why you seem to believe that a guncheck at the start of every round is going to change anything at all simply because its what you are used to. In reality the reason that Ts are winning more rounds than you are used to is the community is generally in a cycle of new players since the re-brand so people will have less experience, maps are more favourable to Ts with guns, tasers, etc and vip has more perms than you are used to."

My formatting will be shit so bare with me. Gun checks ensure no Ts have guns..meaning they can be controlled a lot easier. Now CTs just open the cells and hope for the best. 90% it leads to the Ts winning the round within a 1 minute or two. 

Quote:"Bring back gun checks or are players too ADHD these days?"

"Bit hypocritical of you to spout ADHD as an insult considering you have mass freekilled every single time a round has not gone your way..." 

Ehh, yeah I sorta see where you're coming from. Fair enough. 

Quote:The reason why I bitch so much is because every time I hop on jailbreak I get sad knowing it'll never be the same.

"While I agree its fair to look back into the old days for anything and imagine it to be a better time, it's probably just to do with you being younger and enjoying the game more. I assume you're just a 25ish year old so you were probably in school back in 2011 jailbreak so you think more fondly of the time instead of objectively viewing the quality of the JB." 

That is something I think about a fair bit and worth mentioning. I was only 12/13 when I started playing Jailbreak so I do feel age played a factor but again, looking back and watching some old videos I still feel it was better. 

Quote:It's also sad that all the old maps (only maps worth playing) are just really dumbed down inferior versions of their originals.

"This is not a fault of the admins its more an issue with porting into CS:GO, im sure you would bitch and moan if the servers crashed every 5 minutes because we need the REAL version of the maps."

True

"My main problem with you in general is that you have provided absolutely nothing to the community. You complain Wahh jailbreak isnt like what it used to be this new generation doesnt know how to play yet you haven't actually done anything at all to make it like the jailbreak you remember. All that you do when you get on CT is mass freekill, all that you do on discord is complain of everyone being far inferior to you or the old days, and all you do on the forums is the exact same. If you want something to change, you better start doing it, or else you're just as pathetic as the people you complain about so often. Be a player like Raymond if you want old JB in modern times, the only thing people know you for at all is mass freekilling and general degen actions." 

Fair enough I haven't done anything to contribute really. I actually don't have a mic for my PC yet I haven't been bothered to get one yet. I will eventually CT and warden. 

(16-07-2022, 02:13 PM)IVORK Wrote:
(16-07-2022, 02:12 PM)Genocidal Machine Wrote:

Is anyone that was there saying they weren't? Source is dead though, we couldn't reliably fill the server to any similar degree if it were still there. And any event that hasn't changed much will be remembered more fondly when it's still new & exciting. These aren't groundbreaking statements you're making. Of course 30min on server isn't going to be as entertaining as a 30min compilation of 'best bits'.

Conveniently skipping all the negative of that era, way less frequently staffed, "Sorry no respawn admins", ctbanned for smoking even mass freekillers, massies like yours were 2 month server bans and ctbans in general were way more harsh & permanent until appeal, just to name a few.

Oh yeah those were the days haha. Remember when old mate cleared all the sourcebans and the drama that ensued? Fuck I hated Longy. If he ever came here would he be welcome? 

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - IVORK - 16-07-2022

Yeah he'd be welcome, last around 2017. As staff though, he'd have to apply like everyone else

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - Charlemagne King of the Franks - 16-07-2022

wheres the tl;dr ?

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - kizzle - 16-07-2022

(16-07-2022, 04:31 PM)PizzaBagel Wrote: wheres the tl;dr ?
Honestly please I dont wanna read this essay

RE: Why are CTs so bad at maintaining control these days? - Pedro - 16-07-2022

Repetitive gun checks (every fucking round at the start at 7:59, think about wazza and tell me how every round fucking goes for the first 90 seconds "all teas to guncheck zone banner even though im not telling my cts to set up") lead to bored t's, it dampens morale and the already fragile respect between cts and the only thing t's can do then if they aren't able to play games is rebel. Unless a T has got like a two handed weapon gunchecks are pretty useless unless they've killed a ct and you need to control t's going for the dead cts gun and need time to clear it.

Having 8 cts watching vent cell (for example, jailberd venice) as well isn't particularly a good strategy, especially when you only need one to watch and the other to clear vents, the other seven can fucking set up for a game either you or the ts want to play ("okay can i get like a ct to go to scout tower and two cts with p90s down four corners corridor, four corners is going to be a holding area"). What is the point in waiting in the main cell area for like two minutes, doing fuck all to set up, meanwhile t's grow impatient and start thinking 'fuck this shits boring im going to rebel because these shit cunts are all in the main cell area and theres only like one of them outside past gay onionzzz spray''. Setting up in new spots as well are useful especially if you died like a fucking retard in your previous position so dont be a dud cunt.

cts being nazi, although funny if your a ct, is, again, boring for ts. i can guarantee you ts will just rebel any chance they can if you do a chiswell and fich dem jeude on a t that moves a fucking millimetre during a guncheck. dont be a nazi cunt and ts (as well as other players) will start to fucking like you and for instance, if you ask them to not use a gun or give it to a ct outside of a guncheck (for example during an obby they might chuck it over a fence etc.) they might actually fucking do it instead of using it to bust a cap in your fat forehead cunt.

although it is encouraged you promise ts that you will play a map game, which again to remind cts, is the whole fucking point of being ct (that is, to kill ts with map games and not wait for them to rebel or be a nazi shit cunt) boring fucking repetitive games such as the same overused stupid fucking jumps we have been doing for literal fucking years or stupid ass fucking trivia questions are not very engaging, this includes poker and eye spy. Do something fucking interesting for once you shit cunts (this includes, but is not limited too, the many many fucking games included in apenders document from a coupa months ago, read it you unoriginal cunts).

There is of course, also not being a dud in general, which i understand is a hard concept for the literal fucking 10 year olds that play with severely underdeveloped brains and logical thinking skills, but being on the ground floor on LA when cells open, is not a good idea, walking through cells while they are open before it is 759 is not a good idea, you will be backstabbed by a fake afk and the round will be over in less than 60 seconds, not telling your cts where ts are going/only giving them 10 seconds notice is not a good fucking idea, be a non-retarded wohden and specifically NAME CTS to go to where you want them. For example on LA,

"All teas when cells open go to pool side railing dont cross the second cell, CT's set up for lava obby im going to send them to medic first at 8:20, matt can you go to the columns room, ducky can you back him up as well, dugglez can you please go into the cafeteria and chiswell may you please accompany him and watch jeaporady so they dont get the deagle. Can i also get a ct to smoke off vent cell before i open cells and can that ct go towards showers/pool to kill any rodents that try to rebel that way thanks okay cts am I all good to open cells now?"

Dont just fucking open cells within the first 10 seconds without saying "all teas back cell wall". its retarded.

Also, dont use a fucking awp/ak/whatever if you dont fucking know how to aim it. its cringe worthy as fuck to watch people spraying bullets all over the place when a t is bhopping toward them at 90km/h. use a p90 if you want to guarantee the deaths of some ts unless you are a complete stephen hawking cripple