Oceanic Servers
Gada Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Gada Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=4306)

Pages: 1 2

Gada Unban Request - gada (3) - 19-06-2022

Name: Gada
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:449076211 - gada#4543
Type of ban: Forums, Discord, Server
Why were you banned: official reason was "Lifelong loser, time for break part 2: electric boogaloo", but now its been edited to "exploiting discord" 
Why should you be unbanned: I first joined Domination servers in early 2018 under the name vape apple juice. It has nearly been five years since then, and two(?) years since my first ban in which old mate onionz decided to put me on a "break"

It has been an awfully long time in this community. I remember how my reputation began in the community, with people like pOLICE being some of the most known degens in the community. I wonder if people even know who that is anymore. I have known a lot of people in the community for a long time, so seeing players who I remember just joining the community a few years ago now being in senior admin positions is pretty nostalgic to me. 

My ban/s were pretty much spearheaded by ONIONZZZ, whom I had some disagreements during the ending parts of DS. I'm not sure what he's doing right now but I believe just before he went MIA(?) we repaired our relations in a couple hours of conversation on a discord call. I'm aware lots of things happened with ONIONZ, however I would appreciate for there not to be speculation on anything other than what has been proven to be my actions. lots of people imitate me, it has happened numerous times since my bans.

Life goes on however, and I am a very different person now than I was those years ago. The community has obviously changed dramatically since my departure, and to be honest I believe that if I was even to come back I doubt that I would be recognised by most players in the game now. 

The reason I am appealing the ban is it would be fun to talk to some people in the community whom I haven't in a while, and maybe to play a game or two on the server when I have spare time. 

I apologise for my actions in the past and hope to move forward in the future.

What is the risk for you? I have become a little too old to be a degenerate. There can be no such thing as an irrelevant degen on the server, and as the time has passed I doubt I am even remembered much other than by the admins in the community. 

How about we cut a deal, you can place me on Probation or whatever. Any rule breaking and you can perma me. I'm not here to rulebreak or cause issues, im just genuinely not bothered anymore. It has been quite literally years since I last did that. I am sure you can remember your 2019-2020 self and it is likely very different to you now. Same runs for me. 

Thanks for your time and thanks for your response. Adios. (also sorry for not putting this thread in the correct section the template forces me to do weird shit which I don't need to)
-gada

RE: Gada Unban Request - IVORK - 19-06-2022

Moved to unban req sub forum. Response will likely take a while due to the historical nature that not even I was around for. Leaving it open incase others have their 2c to throw in.

~~~~

RE: Gada Unban Request - h0wLze. - 19-06-2022

why is it even a question whether he should be unbanned or not, is 2 or 3 years of being banned not enough for any offence on jailbreak?

RE: Gada Unban Request - CATTRIP - 19-06-2022

Look I don’t know who you are but if you need help reforming just follow this guide https://forums.oceservers.com/showthread.php?tid=2058&highlight=Degen

RE: Gada Unban Request - DrKittens - 19-06-2022

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying playing Oceanic Servers"Alfred Deakin, 1894. 

There comes a time in any gaming community when a player become so well-known, so renown, he becomes a point of discussion for the server's success. A player that goes above and beyond in his role of playing that character, he becomes his gaming profile, becomes a legend of the server and is inventively perma-banned. In the case of the Australian Jailbreak community, 'gada' is that player. 

If you played the server throughout 2018 to 2021, it's hard to avoid ever hearing his name, for he has had such a large involvement in the community. From his antics as a loud mic-spammer, to organizing full-out riots in reponse to server decisions, and hosting server-wide events involving the real money giveaways. Gada has become so ingrained in the server that most historic players know of him very well, and the staff probably know him even better
Tongue

For the newer players of the community, a quick check-list for the man himself is that of a well-known member of the old Jailbreak community
  • April-Fools event map creator!
  • Staff Reform Leader
  • Ex-Admin for Domination Servers...
  • Which ultimately led to becoming a literal masked villian against the staff team
  • Forum Enthusiast
  • Tier-List Creator 
  • Server-wide 'lore' database
  • Member of First DSTV COVID-19 Staff Tournament
  • High-Tier Troller

Gada is easily one of the most involved Domination Servers community members that exist, among the greatest map creators and server-supporters throughout time-and-space. As far as my knowledge, has has done his best to avoid being involved in unnecessary drama of the community in recent time, and has taken the proper time to reform. The server would greatly benefit from such a member being allowed back into the community. 

For the staff members, I hope you think of the great times Gada has given to the server. He has taken the time to properly reform, and is a chance to have an iconic member of our small Australian server come back and give back to the community that made him great. I'm not just saying this because I was also staff when he was, we were co-mentors and both gave as much to the DS community as available. Although he has contributed to a fair amount of negative events in the past, I certainly hope the now-Managers of the community recognise the benefits a player of such renown could give to the community through coming back reformed. No-body in particular though.  *cough* Cheese-wheel *cough* 

One of the largest praises I can possible give for a community-member, I fully support 'Gada's unban +1

RE: Gada Unban Request - Gang - 19-06-2022

lifelong loser +1 love youxx

RE: Gada Unban Request - kizzle - 19-06-2022

+1 taught me to reform

RE: Gada Unban Request - gada (3) - 19-06-2022

(19-06-2022, 03:57 PM)DrKittens Wrote:
For the newer players of the community, a quick check-list for the man himself is that of a well-known member of the old Jailbreak community

• April-Fools event map creator! 
One of the largest praises I can possible give for a community-member, I fully support 'Gada's unban +1

Thanks Kittens, but whilst I appreciate the kind words i'd like to point out that although I "made" the maps technically, ONIONZZZ was largely responsible for connecting the pieces and getting it all together for the server. He reached out to me privately to get it done and we worked on it together, so i guess Canyonbam is sort of a group project. 

Anyway, my main point stands that I would ask staff members not to speculate on things that they have no evidence of me doing. My name has been used as a convenient scapegoat for numerous things which I do not agree with by people whom I do not know. I do not care to try control what normal people say, they can speculate whatever they want as I have always stood for freedom of speech on this community. However, I would appreciate it if, especially as they are the ones making the decision, staff members do not make false accusations DURING the appeal process.

[color=#eeeeee]Also, if any staff member would like to contact me privately with questions they can do so at gada#4543.

Thank you

RE: Gada Unban Request - Remy - 19-06-2022

I remember talking to Gada couple months back and it was astonishingly clear that he was different from the first time I spoke to him (early 2021) he definitely sounds more mature and doesn't have any grudges of events that have occurred in past times 

So just like Kittens I support Gadas unban.

RE: Gada Unban Request - dotx - 19-06-2022

As Gada's grand-mentor, and on behalf of Dugglez (his mentor).

I believe Gada has grown as an individual, and blossomed into an amazing young man who is sorry for his mistakes.

Oceanic Servers, as I see it, is a community that was created to push itself away from the roots of Domination Servers and it's predecessors, to provide a TRUE Aus JB experience.

Thus I feel OS should keep to it's form and provide a second chance to those who DS did wrong.