Oceanic Servers
Vent cell orders - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Vent cell orders (/showthread.php?tid=4273)

Vent cell orders - ZoNiCaL - 09-06-2022

Rule suggestion: "For a CT to become warden at the start of a round, they must give meaningful orders that progress the round." or "For a CT to become warden at the start of a round, they must give orders that get the T's out of cells." The reason why I make this suggestion is that it's incredibly annoying for someone to constantly say at the start of every round "vent cell front cell/hyphen spray" and have them automatically become warden. These orders do nothing to progress the round and cause headaches for the CT's who genuinely want to warden and create a fun experience for the rest of the server.

I'll use zackky as an example: Zackky will constantly say "vent cell front of cell" at the start of every round. This doesn't give the other CT's a fair chance to warden. When another CT tries to protest or give better orders, some admins are quick to shut them down and hand out mutes faster than DeSinc's bhopping. When I'm on CT I'm usually quick to say "vent cell front of cell" to deal with the vents straight away, but I don't try to actively progress the round unless no other CT's are giving orders. I have nothing wrong with admins muting CT's and deciding who is the warden when CT's are arguing with each other, but it's really annoying when someone who is trying to progress the round gets muted halfway through their sentence.

Also while I'm here, can the rules page be cleaned up? We're not in Domination Servers anymore and game-day specific rules like zombie day should be removed when you have arguments like "not every game can be documented in the rules". I haven't seen any admin explain the rules for zombie day wrong in years and some may change the rules depending on what the server is like.

RE: Vent cell orders - h0wLze. - 09-06-2022

Huh??? What are you talking about bro, vent orders are separate from warden's orders. You've never noticed that like 5 people at once say vent cell hyphen spray on LA?

RE: Vent cell orders - music - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 09:41 AM)ZoNiCaL Wrote: Rule suggestion: "For a CT to become warden at the start of a round, they must give meaningful orders that progress the round." or "For a CT to become warden at the start of a round, they must give orders that get the T's out of cells." The reason why I make this suggestion is that it's incredibly annoying for someone to constantly say at the start of every round "vent cell front cell/hyphen spray" and have them automatically become warden. These orders do nothing to progress the round and cause headaches for the CT's who genuinely want to warden and create a fun experience for the rest of the server.

I'll use zackky as an example: Zackky will constantly say "vent cell front of cell" at the start of every round. This doesn't give the other CT's a fair chance to warden. When another CT tries to protest or give better orders, some admins are quick to shut them down and hand out mutes faster than DeSinc's bhopping. When I'm on CT I'm usually quick to say "vent cell front of cell" to deal with the vents straight away, but I don't try to actively progress the round unless no other CT's are giving orders. I have nothing wrong with admins muting CT's and deciding who is the warden when CT's are arguing with each other, but it's really annoying when someone who is trying to progress the round gets muted halfway through their sentence.

Also while I'm here, can the rules page be cleaned up? We're not in Domination Servers anymore and game-day specific rules like zombie day should be removed when you have arguments like "not every game can be documented in the rules". I haven't seen any admin explain the rules for zombie day wrong in years and some may change the rules depending on what the server is like.

Vent cell to the front of cells doesnt count towards wardens orders. thus as howlze stated is why multiple give orders for vent cells and someone else can be or already is warden

RE: Vent cell orders - PMartian - 09-06-2022

Admins on the server should be letting everyone have a go at warden and make sure there's no warden hogs. "Vent cell front of cell" isn't a way of claiming warden, its just a mini order to make sure Ts aren't rebelling. I see people all the time say this but then not claim warden, it's just the prebs on the server like zackky who constantly want to warden to the point he's hogging it. But yeah, admins should be seeing who's warden too much and let others give it a try.

RE: Vent cell orders - ZoNiCaL - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 10:38 AM)PMartian Wrote: Admins on the server should be letting everyone have a go at warden and make sure there's no warden hogs. "Vent cell front of cell" isn't a way of claiming warden, its just a mini order to make sure Ts aren't rebelling. I see people all the time say this but then not claim warden, it's just the prebs on the server like zackky who constantly want to warden to the point he's hogging it. But yeah, admins should be seeing who's warden too much and let others give it a try.

Ah, my inconsistent playing over the last year might've gotten the best of me. Apologies for the mix up.
I do agree with PMartion but I can't think of any good way to police with warden hogging. Looking back on the match I was thinking about for this post, there was a lot of arguing between people about warden hogging and CT's spamming orders over mic to get someone to stop. I guess it is what it is.

RE: Vent cell orders - PMartian - 09-06-2022

Admins can and should be using their discretion to police and determine who's been wardening too much to prevent people arguing over mic while the 1 minute preparation phase is ticking. If someone who has been wardening for a while takes warden again then people on CT complain that they want to be warden it's just a simple GAC from an admin saying "x is warden" (x being someone who hasn't had a go/hasn't been warden for a bit).

RE: Vent cell orders - kizzle - 09-06-2022

As a massive warden hog who learned the rules specifically so I could hog warden more, vent cell orders have never counted as real orders and staff have frequently enforced this so simply give an actual order (T to back cell wall) immediately at the start of the round and you will attain warden. Furthermore, in terms of warden hogging, Staff are generally quite on top of it, I usually get 2-3 rounds tops in a row before im told to give warden to other players so isnt too big of an issue.

RE: Vent cell orders - h0wLze. - 09-06-2022

Pmartion I have had it up to here with you mate

RE: Vent cell orders - Charlemagne King of the Franks - 09-06-2022

it could be an idea to introduce that warden command other communities use to determine warden

not the best idea but an idea none the less

RE: Vent cell orders - Goose - 09-06-2022

About Zac, he gives full orders first. Which means that by the rules he should be warden. I muted people who were not contributing to the round and instead giving their own orders that just contradict his. I did stop zac giving orders later in the map cause he was warden hogging. Nothing about the CTs progressing the round or not.