Oceanic Servers
Vote mutes - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Staff complaints (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Vote mutes (/showthread.php?tid=4185)

Vote mutes - kizzle - 26-04-2022

Here to complain about staff putting mutes up for a vote rather than decide it themselves (of which I got muted twice) as it doesnt matter what the person has done rather who they are. People are almost always gonna vote yes to mute because its naturally funny to do so but it's silly because if said staff would have warned me to be quiet (both times for playing music on open day) I would of simply stopped so as to save a mute on my record. Now I have 2 extra mutes on my record when im trying to get un ct banned and it pisses me off quite a bit.

RE: Vote mutes - IVORK - 26-04-2022

Hi there, without specific detail I can't tell who this is against but I feel I've put at least one vote mute up against you.
You'll be pleased to know votemutes don't actually log to portal so don't effect your chance at appeal.
I've only ever done it to allow T's to vote against music they don't wish to hear as you're on mic providing it any open day where you have the opportunity.

RE: Vote mutes - kizzle - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 10:47 AM)IVORK Wrote: Hi there, without specific detail I can't tell who this is against but I feel I've put at least one vote mute up against you.
You'll be pleased to know votemutes don't actually log to portal so don't effect your chance at appeal.
I've only ever done it to allow T's to vote against music they don't wish to hear as you're on mic providing it any open day where you have the opportunity.

Then how come when I check portal I can guarantee at least boinks vote mute against me to still be logged there? probably yours too.

The problem with a vote mute even for music is that it's less about the music being played and often the person. Of course everyones gonna mute me because I piss a lot of people off. If your to do a vote at the very least give the person a chance to stop playing music (as I did before the vote even ended) so they dont have a mute logged on them.

RE: Vote mutes - unna - 26-04-2022

hey retard, boink did the vote mute because everyone was complaining about you. the vote passed and then u got unmuted 3 seconds after Smile stop being a fucking sook. (you stopped playing the music to cry down the mic)

RE: Vote mutes - Monosodium Glutamate - 26-04-2022

(26-04-2022, 09:05 AM)SebastianĀ Vettel Wrote: Here to complain about staff putting mutes up for a vote rather than decide it themselves (of which I got muted twice) as it doesnt matter what the person has done rather who they are. People are almost always gonna vote yes to mute because its naturally funny to do so but it's silly because if said staff would have warned me to be quiet (both times for playing music on open day) I would of simply stopped so as to save a mute on my record. Now I have 2 extra mutes on my record when im trying to get un ct banned and it pisses me off quite a bit.

bro you are just a massive fucking annoyance whenever you join the server, you can never shut the fuck up for more than 1 minute

RE: Vote mutes - Mrkz - 27-04-2022

Number one who Tf is this guy. Two seb we all were complaining about the music. Boink wanted to ask the players if they wanted a mute on you.
And also who cares if it pops up in the portal.

RE: Vote mutes - kizzle - 27-04-2022

Mrkz I do care cause I need to reduce and each one counts. Plus I stopped music once the vote came up but people just vote yes anyway because I was spamming gun room door (we do a little trolling) and they were just malding. It brings up my point that it doesnt matter what music u play but rather the person itself which is inheritly wrong

RE: Vote mutes - chiswell - 27-04-2022

Crazy to think like...maybe dont play music, if you dont want to be muted?

I dont know, might be a bit too much.

Allowing open day music is up to admin discretion, boink could of muted you from the get go if he really wanted to, the fact he did a vote mute for some chance to not mute you, thats pretty generous.

Especially considering your history.

You getting a single mute wont mean you wont get unbanned on CT and discord etc... But I joined the server and wasnt even on for half enough and saw you literally ghost in VIP chat. Thats the shit that wont get you unbanned.

fucking closed.