Oceanic Servers
Shooting into crowds - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Shooting into crowds (/showthread.php?tid=4007)

Pages: 1 2

Shooting into crowds - ✪ sp0oky_craigy - 11-01-2022

Hello this is a thread asking to reconsider this thread made by deskjet in 2019

https://forums.oceservers.com/showthread.php?tid=1082

In short currently if a ct shoots into a stack to kill a rebeler and freekills a t/t's along with the rebeler that rebeler does not get respawned and the t's who were freekilled along with them do.

This rule almost encourages Ct's to shoot into a crowds to kill a rebeler as in the best case scenario they kill the rebeler, and in the worst case they kill they rebeler and get slayed in that round, this leads to kills like this
https://youtu.be/F_36Tcl2YC0 . Now while technically xep did nothing wrong and only killed rebelers should this sort of behaviour/playstyle really be allowed?

Like deskjet I do not think this is a good rule as if a ct cannot or does not want to wait for a better time to shoot/move the rebeler away from non rebeling t's why wouldnt they just shoot into the crowd and hope for the best?

Rule change I suggest: If a ct shoots into a crowd and kills a non rebeler along with a rebeler. That rebeler is to be respawned along with the non rebeler/s and un-kos.

While this wouldnt ban cts from shooting into crowds to try and kill a rebeler it would make it a lot less worthwhile due to the risk of just being slayed and having the rebeler live, and would encourage cts to either run a guncheck or work to seperate the rebelers from the crowd.

RE: Shooting into crowds - unna - 11-01-2022

this idea sucks
OKAY ALL REBELLING T'S PLEASE MOVE AWAY FROM CROWD

RE: Shooting into crowds - chiswell - 11-01-2022

Ill quote Ivork "Having to wait to get a clean shot may allow the T more time to shoot back, but alike ISIS using civilians as cover, it's just the way things work."

The CT if they freekill will be slayed, the Ts that were free killed are entitled to a res, the rebeller are never entitled to a res they rebelled?

RE: Shooting into crowds - Unicorn - 11-01-2022

This idea is bad. The whole idea behind rebelling is to kill the cts, at risk of your own life. This removes the potential consequence in many situations and will make it much more difficult for the cts to control rounds. The ct should be slain, non-rebellers respawned and rebeller remained dead, as it currently is.

RE: Shooting into crowds - IVORK - 11-01-2022

Cross-posted it into the Discord #vote-channel.

Should be obvious to everyone that merely a majority in this poll won't implement it as a rule, but happy to get community feedback since the previous wasn't entirely one-sided.

RE: Shooting into crowds - Aj - 11-01-2022

Yes next time I’ll let the rebeller kill me because virtual lives matter!

RE: Shooting into crowds - ✪ sp0oky_craigy - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 10:12 PM)unna Wrote: this idea sucks
OKAY ALL REBELLING T'S PLEASE MOVE AWAY FROM CROWD

No unna im not saying this. Im saying that the cts should move the non rebeling ts away from the rebeler not just shoot into the crowd throwing caution to the wind and hoping they don't freekill

(11-01-2022, 10:55 PM)Aj Wrote: Yes next time I’ll let the rebeller kill me because virtual lives matter!

Im not saying this at all im not sugesting a ban to shooting into crowds or shooting rebelers Im saying cts need to make an effort to not just shoot into crowds hoping they dont freekill.

(11-01-2022, 10:21 PM)Unicorn Wrote: This idea is bad. The whole idea behind rebelling is to kill the cts, at risk of your own life. This removes the potential consequence in many situations and will make it much more difficult for the cts to control rounds. The ct should be slain, non-rebellers respawned and rebeller remained dead, as it currently is.

This doesnt remove any consequence from the rebeling T, The cts are still allowed to kill T's when they are rebeling and they are still allowed to shoot into crowds to kill the rebelers.

RE: Shooting into crowds - Moose. - 12-01-2022

Currently in no scenario does a rebeller get ressed. I don't know why we should start making exceptions now.

In a server where there can be 30 against 10, I don't see why we should punish the cts harder when making mistakes by bringing back someone who intended to kill them, and possibly had already killed half the team when the ct who freekilled would already be getting slayed.

RE: Shooting into crowds - kizzle - 12-01-2022

If the CT just sprays into the crowd to cop a slay and kill the rebeller then the rebeller shouldnt be res'd. They did their job, kill the CT by getting them to freekill so why should the be res'd for breaking the wardens rules.

Just more dumbshit ideas by craigy, probably got mad after rebelling and dying to this situation. have a sook

RE: Shooting into crowds - ✪ sp0oky_craigy - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 08:49 AM)Sebastian 'Sbinalla' Vettel Wrote: If the CT just sprays into the crowd to cop a slay and kill the rebeller then the rebeller shouldnt be res'd. They did their job, kill the CT by getting them to freekill so why should the be res'd for breaking the wardens rules.

Just more dumbshit ideas by craigy, probably got mad after rebelling and dying to this situation. have a sook

Cts really shouldnt be spraying into crowds knowing that they are almost certainly going to get slayed

2. This wasnt originaly my idea it was deskjets

3. yes actually this rule change suggestion came back to my mind after the clip i posted in the first post happened