Oceanic Servers
shit fps - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: shit fps (/showthread.php?tid=3997)

Pages: 1 2

shit fps - h0wLze. - 06-01-2022

idk what you guys did to the maps in the new server update but suddenly my fps is cut in half there's nothing in console either. also every time i join the server i have to download a bunch of files that ive already fkn downloaded like the kuristaja jailbreak shit so i always miss joining ct on open day.

what is going on and how do i fix?

RE: shit fps - smuc - 06-01-2022

its a feature

RE: shit fps - boink - 06-01-2022

There was an issue with the way the Jailbreak player models were set up on the Fast DL previously, so when additional files were added it seems there was an overlap where it's trying to download files that already exist on your pc (but don't match up exactly).

One method that has worked for other players is to delete these two folders and rejoin the server:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\materials\models\player\kuristaja\jailbreak
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models\player\custom_player\kuristaja\jailbreak

RE: shit fps - kizzle - 06-01-2022

!hide

RE: shit fps - h0wLze. - 07-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 08:07 PM)boink Wrote: There was an issue with the way the Jailbreak player models were set up on the Fast DL previously, so when additional files were added it seems there was an overlap where it's trying to download files that already exist on your pc (but don't match up exactly).

One method that has worked for other players is to delete these two folders and rejoin the server:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\materials\models\player\kuristaja\jailbreak
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models\player\custom_player\kuristaja\jailbreak

ya that doesn't fix the suddenly horrible frames tho which is the main thing

RE: shit fps - kizzle - 07-01-2022

Turn of goglechrome

RE: shit fps - h0wLze. - 07-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 08:07 PM)boink Wrote: There was an issue with the way the Jailbreak player models were set up on the Fast DL previously, so when additional files were added it seems there was an overlap where it's trying to download files that already exist on your pc (but don't match up exactly).

also that didn't work for me, all it does is force me to take 10 minutes to download those files from scratch when i join the server. what even is this kuristaja bs and can u guys just fix it instead?

RE: shit fps - boink - 08-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 10:07 PM)h0wLze. Wrote:

also that didn't work for me, all it does is force me to take 10 minutes to download those files from scratch when i join the server. what even is this kuristaja bs and can u guys just fix it instead?
Did you have any console errors when redownloading all those files? They're the player models. This time they should have downloaded correctly so the second time you join it shouldn't redownload anything

RE: shit fps - h0wLze. - 08-01-2022

(08-01-2022, 11:37 AM)boink Wrote:

Did you have any console errors when redownloading all those files? They're the player models. This time they should have downloaded correctly so the second time you join it shouldn't redownload anything

check for uself homie i recorded it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvy92Eppfx0&ab_channel=howlzy. and im not sure how to interpret it

RE: shit fps - boink - 08-01-2022

(08-01-2022, 11:48 AM)h0wLze. Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 11:37 AM)boink Wrote:

check for uself homie i recorded it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvy92Eppfx0&ab_channel=howlzy. and im not sure how to interpret it
Looks like the materials work now, try deleting the custom_player folder in models/player

EDIT: I'll push a fix later today so that you don't have to manually delete folders