Oceanic Servers
Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Jailbreak (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map (/showthread.php?tid=3706)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - kizzle - 22-09-2021

(21-09-2021, 11:14 PM)zackie Wrote:
(21-09-2021, 08:26 PM)Sebastian 'Sbinalla' Vettel Wrote: The current timer is 13 maps before you can re-nominate a map again. Assuming each map lasts the full time, thats around 6+ HOURS before the same map can be just renominated for a vote. That's pretty fucking long I think.

With VIP 6 you can further grasp the actual amount of time maps can be played twice, because of the nomination feature. Plenty of times people ask me to nominate certain maps, but they have already been played. It's extremely rare to be able to nominate LA, maximum or canyondam etc, only if you join early in the morning and no maps have really been played yet. I do agree to an extent that there should be more variance in the maps played, but upping the time between a map being played twice is not the solution as it would cause more bad than good because, as people have said above, people don't like to play some maps. Increasing this time which is already quite high in my opinion would likely make people annoyed that they have to play maps that they don't like/don't know enough or even more bored than if they played the same maps over and over.

Maps being played too often isn't actually a new issue if I recall correctly. I believe that the real reason why people are getting bored or sick of the maps isn't actually the maps themselves because from what I remember 1-2 years ago jailbreak was still fun even though we had to play the same maps and this was because there were better wardens then with more creative and fun games instead of games like poker.

Feel free to make some constructive comments on my points if you believe I am wrong or have a different idea in mind.

100% agree with this. Since being CT banned for the past month I have seen some of the most boring Wardens to grace this server (Dora, Potato, Wink just to name a few) who constantly create very long rounds where it takes multiple minutes for them to send T to just one map game or they constantly send us to boring areas and do gun checks every fucking round (cough cough POTATO cough cough) even if its a map that has no guns in the cells. I understand that they want to control the T and prevent rebelling which is the job of CT however jailbreak is a server that thrives on chaos as shown through LA which is one of the most popular maps on DS and also is a map that is notoriously easy for T to rebel on. 

When people tell you your a shit warden or a boring warden constantly when your warden, take some fucking advice and spice the round up a bit or let other CT warden who is more enjoyable to have as warden, even if it means a chaotic "power round" where all the T just rebel.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Wink № - 22-09-2021

no no no no

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - kizzle - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 09:04 AM)Wink № Wrote: no no no no

Wink if you have nothing to add then get lost, your only increasing the chance of staying banned doing this.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Wink № - 22-09-2021

I had the fact that i disagree with it By saying "no no no no"

Deez

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - FriendlyBacon - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:46 AM)Wink № Wrote: I had the fact that i disagree with it By saying "no no no no"

Deez

still doesn't prove anything wink, get lost

yes yes yes

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - APender - 22-09-2021

I'm closing this because none of you are adding anything to the topic anymore. 

I think most maps are played more often just because people are familiar with them and enjoy them. Of course maps like stronghold really should be played more, there are some great maps in the pool that aren't played often.

Closed.