Oceanic Servers
Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Jailbreak (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map (/showthread.php?tid=3706)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Cardboard - 21-09-2021

I am so sick of playing the same map over so many times. This server has a lot of maps, and the same ones are just played repeatedly.

The time delay before playing the same map should be increased dramatically (or perhaps only a bit, im not sure how many maps there are on this server).

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Moose. - 21-09-2021

I agree that more new consistent maps would be nice. 

I think it just boils down to people not wanting to play most of the maps, purely because they don't know it.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - What Name? - 21-09-2021

how about you new players understand a good map and change these numbers 

https://imgur.com/uJdRKKn

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Cardboard - 21-09-2021

And forcing the maps played to be more encompassing would force people to play new maps, making them well known.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Wink № - 21-09-2021

yes yes yes

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - kizzle - 21-09-2021

People complain about the same maps, but when we nominate or try to play new maps, everyone just winges about how they don't know the map or how the map is sooooo bad and then rtv as soon as they can. We have tried new maps multiple times with high players and it always ends the same with everyone complaining and then rtving immediately.

The current timer is 13 maps before you can re-nominate a map again. Assuming each map lasts the full time, thats around 6+ HOURS before the same map can be just renominated for a vote. That's pretty fucking long I think.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Cardboard - 21-09-2021

Yeah that is really long. And I don't really see a work around with that problem.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - Remy - 21-09-2021

I agree with what Sebastian is saying people aren't willing to learn new maps, there are so many underrated maps like stronghold, industry, nova prospekt and others.
 Maybe to combat this we should try and encourage or update some maps as decroded is doing to give a better reason for the maps to be played.

(21-09-2021, 09:23 PM)Remy Wrote: I agree with what Sebastian is saying people aren't willing to learn new maps, there are so many underrated maps like stronghold, industry, nova prospekt and others.
 Maybe to combat this we should try and encourage or update some maps as decroded is doing to give a better reason for the maps to be played.

I understand what you're saying, but a map like stronghold cannot possibly be updated; it has so many map games.

With the exception of a few maps that are extremely hard for cts, and some maps that have no map games (like old dom), there is no reason for people not to play a map like stronghold, except for unwillingness to try it. I completely agree with seb. Personally I'm not sure updating maps will do the trick.

RE: Suggestion: Increase time required before replaying a map - zackie - 21-09-2021

(21-09-2021, 08:26 PM)Sebastian 'Sbinalla' Vettel Wrote: The current timer is 13 maps before you can re-nominate a map again. Assuming each map lasts the full time, thats around 6+ HOURS before the same map can be just renominated for a vote. That's pretty fucking long I think.

With VIP 6 you can further grasp the actual amount of time maps can be played twice, because of the nomination feature. Plenty of times people ask me to nominate certain maps, but they have already been played. It's extremely rare to be able to nominate LA, maximum or canyondam etc, only if you join early in the morning and no maps have really been played yet. I do agree to an extent that there should be more variance in the maps played, but upping the time between a map being played twice is not the solution as it would cause more bad than good because, as people have said above, people don't like to play some maps. Increasing this time which is already quite high in my opinion would likely make people annoyed that they have to play maps that they don't like/don't know enough or even more bored than if they played the same maps over and over.

Maps being played too often isn't actually a new issue if I recall correctly. I believe that the real reason why people are getting bored or sick of the maps isn't actually the maps themselves because from what I remember 1-2 years ago jailbreak was still fun even though we had to play the same maps and this was because there were better wardens then with more creative and fun games instead of games like poker.

Feel free to make some constructive comments on my points if you believe I am wrong or have a different idea in mind.