Oceanic Servers
APenders Custom Game Competition - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Jailbreak (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: APenders Custom Game Competition (/showthread.php?tid=3573)

APenders Custom Game Competition - APender - 06-08-2021

APenders Custom Game Competition

Alright CTs, it’s time to step up your game. For the past few months I’ve been playing the same rounds, with the same people, and the same assortment of games. Your rounds are becoming stale, it’s time for you to learn to make your rounds fun. Of course, there’s a lot of things that make a round boring, so I’ll be focussing on just one aspect, map games. Particularly what you do when you don’t have one available.

What was the last non-map game you played? Was it poker? Eyespy? Guess the mag? An overplayed jump game?
I reckon those four games represent about 75% of the non-map games I’ve been made to play in the past month. Although these are some good games to progress your round with, they shouldn’t be relied upon.

There are infinite possibilities for fun and inclusive games, but instead the CT strategy has been optimised to neglect the T’s fun and instead optimise their deaths. This optimisation has not only drained the variety we once enjoyed but has restricted the chaotic essence of Australian jailbreak.

If we ever want to be able to experience Australian jailbreak as it once was, we need to move toward a CT playstyle that promotes fun, rather than the optimised playstyle that restricts it.

In an attempt to kickstart some motivation, I’ll be hosting a competition that will hopefully provide you with a myriad of games to play. There are some hefty prizes so I’m looking forward to seeing your contributions.

This is the official announcement of the beginning of the competition, details are below.

The Prize Pool
1st Prize : VIP 6
2nd Prize : 500,000 Credits
3rd Prize : 250,000 Credits

The competition

You are to create new games for CTs to play over a 2 week period. It’s that simple, make some fun games for CTs to play that meet the following criteria:
  • Adheres to the rules: rules.dominationservers.com
  • Is reasonably fair to all Ts participating.
  • Must be able to be controlled, that is, the round can still progress normally after it being played.
  • Must be an original game, the idea of the game itself doesn’t have to be unique. (If you happen to create the same game as someone else, whomever was the first to submit that idea will be the one considered for placement.)
You can submit up to 3 games, each game you submit will be judged individually. That said, you will not be able to win more than one position in the competition.
I implore you to create a submission regardless of what you think your chances of are for winning as I'll be documenting all the viable games into a "game library."
Submissions will close 2 weeks after this announcement.

You are allowed to create admin games; I’ll list some notable admin powers that could be used in your game:
  • Giving equipment, guns, bumpmines, ect.
  • Toggle beacon
  • Strip (removes players weapons)
  • Drug (demo)
  • Burn (Burns the player for 20 seconds, dealing a total of 99 damage)
  • Freeze
  • Firebomb (demo)
  • Freezebomb (demo)
  • Change model colour
  • Toggle friendly fire
  • Blind (demo)
  • Noclip
  • Gravity
  • Speed
  • Alpha (Changes the transparency of a player’s model)
  • Slap (Pushes a player in a random direction with a defined amount of damage)
  • Rollback (Reverts players positions to where they were X seconds ago)
  • Teleport (Teleports one player to another)

Submissions

You can submit your games here,

Ensure that you follow the provided template as best you can, your submission should clearly describe how to play your game and the conditions required for it to be played.

You’ll see a section at the bottom allowing for the optional attachment of a video demo of your games, although providing a video doesn’t inherently give you an advantage it is a great way for us to judge how
your game works and how fun it is (I recommend attaching one if you’re going for the prizes).

Submissions will close on the 6th of September 
Judgement and competition progression
The judging team will be comprised of the following staff members,
APender
Decroded
Chiswell
Anthonyy
Dotx

As stated before, you will have two weeks to complete your submission. At the end of this period the judges will decide on a top 5 from all the applicants, these top 5 will compete for positions in the second section of the competition.
The second part of the competition will begin shortly after the announcement of the top 5 (~3 days). The details of the second part of the competition will remain undisclosed until its announcement.

Further information
Although the previous sections of the post should provide you with all the information you need, you can contact me on discord if you have any issues. (APender#4176)

A special thanks to Sebastian, h0wlze and dotx for their contributions to the prize pool.
Thank you to zackie for showing me how to use google forms.

RE: APenders Custom Game Competition - APender - 07-08-2021

Alright, I've been getting a lot of questions about the VIP 6 reward.

Click here to take a look at a list of everything that's included in the package. You'll receive permanent Ultimate VIP with all the perks listed as if you had purchased it yourself.

The VIP 6 package includes 1,500,000 credits along with heaps of in-game perks.

RE: APenders Custom Game Competition - APender - 23-08-2021

The competition has now been extended. 

You will have another 2 weeks to submit your game ideas.

Remember, your games do not have to use admin powers. The best games are often ones that you can have fun with without relying on staff. Nevertheless, we look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

RE: APenders Custom Game Competition - APender - 22-09-2021

Thanks to everyone who submitted their games, I had a great time reading through all of them. You all made great contributions to my Jailbreak Games document.
Out of all the submissions the judges and I decided on a top 3, these selections were based on the originality, involvement, and playability of their games.

Congratulations to our winners,

1st  - JBreakfast - Are you a Jew
2nd - AntiSocialDora - Pin the tail on the Donkey
3rd - Zamma - Shark Tank / The Chase

I encourage you to try these games out, 'Are you a Jew' is great to play if the T's want some strategy, 'Pin the tail on the Donkey' is a creative game that challenges the T's memory and accuracy, Shark Tank is a great prompt for a voting game that has some awesome potential for entertaining situations, and 'The Chase' (recently renamed) is a fast paced game that has a really fun variation. The guides for each of these games are below:

[font=Univers,sans-serif]ARE YOU A JEW ( 4 T’s )[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Requirements/Environment: Can be played anywhere. You’ll need a staff member to give Negev’s (Trial+). You’ll also need 4 CT’s, each keeping track of a T’s Negev.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]How to play:[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]T’s are lined up, spaced apart.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]4 CT’s are to stand in front of them, 1 CT in front of 1 T, (further than 5 ft away) without a primary weapon.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]Before T’s are given Negev’s they are told not to shoot them before the game starts, doing so will get them shot.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]T’s are then given their Negev’s. When the round starts, they will all shoot whatever number of bullets they want, they MUST not reload at any point. Each T must shoot at least 1 bullet.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]When the warden announces that the round has ended, they are to drop their Negev’s to the CT in front of them, CT’s must make sure they don’t reload or shoot the weapon. Whoever has shot the least number of bullets that round dies.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]After the round has ended and the losing player is killed, the Negev’s are passed back to the T’s and another round is played. They are still not allowed to reload the gun.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]This is played until 1 T is left.[/font]
[font=Univers,sans-serif]Winning conditions: A T wins this game by optimising the number of bullets they shoot based on how many he thinks others have shot. By not shooting the least every round he will have won.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Note: The strategy of this game comes from each T trying gauge their shots based on other peoples shots. This can introduce mind games where T’s lie to each other about their mag. T’s have to be stingy with their bullets to make it to the final round but have to be careful not to shoot the least.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]PIN THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY ( 5 T’s )[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Requirements/Environment: An open area with a wall to shoot at, T’s will need to be able to stand a good distance away from the wall they’ll be shooting. You’ll need a staff member to provide weapons and visual effects (Trial+).[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]How to play:[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]A CT marks a point on a wall, this can be done with bullet shots, paintballs, or HE grenades. (It’s preferable to mark the wall without paintball and get the T’s to use paintball or vice versa to keep track of the CT’s mark)[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]T’s are called out one by one to stand at a position specified by the warden. Make sure this position is far away from the wall and not directly in front of the mark made earlier (this is just to make sure it’s not too easy for them to hit the mark, if the mark is small, standing in front might be difficult enough for the game to work). [/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]The CT will specify that the T will only get one shot at the mark.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]The T is then ordered to look down from the wall, they’ll be given a Deagle once they look down. The T is either blinded (Admin+) or given flashbang_projectile (Trial+).[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]Once blinded or flashed, the T is to look up and make their best shot at the CT’s wall mark. They are only allowed to shoot once, if they shoot again, they may be killed.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]This is repeated for each T that is playing, the one that gets the closest shot to the CT’s mark wins.[/font]
[font=Univers,sans-serif]Winning conditions: A T wins this game by having the closest shot to the CT’s mark.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Note: If using flashbang_projectile to blind the T, ensure they’re attempting as soon as they’ve been flashed, otherwise they can wait until they’re slightly unblinded and shoot.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]SHARK TANK ( 6 T’s )[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Requirements/Environment: Medium to small area, T’s will need to be able to move around a little to get creative. You won’t need staff for this one, but you will need an even number of T’s. You’ll also need more than 3 CT’s so that voting is fair.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]How to play: [/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]T’s are split into even teams (depending on how many T’s they can all play individually); each team should have at least one T with a mic. If they none of them have mics, you’ll need to play a different game.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]The warden will come up with an issue of their choice, something like “I always cut myself while I’m cooking.” The warden will also type this in all chat so that T’s can refer to it.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]T’s will spend the next 30-60 seconds coming up with a fictional invention that solves the issue.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]After their planning time is over, going through the teams individually they’ll each try to sell their idea to the warden. It’s fine if two teams come up with the same idea, at that point it will be whoever sells it the best.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]The CT’s will vote on each pitch in CT chat, the warden will specify how to vote. E.g. “1 to live 2 to die”[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]When you’ve finished voting for a team, don’t kill them yet. You’ll want to keep them alive until someone gets a better pitch than them. [/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]If a pitch gets a higher ratio of “good” to “bad” votes than the team previous you may kill them and move on.[/font]
[font=Univers,sans-serif]Winning conditions: A T can win in this game by producing a convincing and intriguing sales pitch that satisfies the problem proposed by the warden.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Note: This game is supposed to be fun, make sure you’re encouraging that nature with the way you play it. Make sure you come up with some fun “issues” for the T’s to play with, there’s a lot of potential for great pitches if the issue is good.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]SHIELD SHANK REDEMPTION (THE CHASE( 10 T’s )[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Requirements/Environment: Requires admin given shield (Trial+), and a large confined area. E.g. revolution car game area or a soccer field. A gun check should be run before playing this game.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]How to play: [/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]A T is chosen. They may be chosen via a random beacon or through a game like guess the mag or I spy.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]The T that is chosen is separated from the main group of T’s and given a shield. His job will be to protect the shield for the duration of the game, the other T’s will have to try to break it.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]The chosen T is not allowed to hold the shield, he must always be holding his knife.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]CT’s must give a time that the T has to protect his shield for, ideally this would be 30-60 seconds.[/font]
  • [font=Univers,sans-serif]When the game starts the chosen T must evade the other T’s, trying to keep his shield from breaking. He cannot remain stationary or constantly push his back against a wall.[/font]
[font=Univers,sans-serif]Winning conditions: The chosen T can win by protecting his shield for the duration specified. The other T’s can win by breaking the chosen T’s shield before the time is up.[/font]

[font=Univers,sans-serif]Note: This game is best played with more than 10 T’s, so, if the chosen T wins allow him to choose some T’s to die. If you kill the entire chasing team then this game can’t be played with more than 10 T’s. If the chosen T loses, he dies.[/font]

Thank you for all your patience regarding the competitions progression. I'll be releasing my Jailbreak Games document soon, it will have complete documentation of 40+ unique games that you can start playing in your rounds.