Oceanic Servers
SvBSheep (SvBSheep #4510) | Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: SvBSheep (SvBSheep #4510) | Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=3423)

SvBSheep (SvBSheep #4510) | Unban Request - SvBSheep - 25-05-2021

Name: SvBSheep

SteamID or Discord ID: SvBSheep #4510

Type of Ban: Discord

Which Server?: Discord

Why were you banned?: I ghost pinged admins and members on the discord server

Why should you be unbanned?: About 1 week ago, I was mucking around on the discord server since I was bored when I got ghost-pinged by someone who I couldn't identify. I then proceeded to ask who did it and then ghost-ping people who I suspected did it originally. I knew I shouldn't have done it the entire time but continued to do it out of entertainment. I then asked for could see ghost pings (admins and mods etc.) and to test I ghost pinged 2 or 3 admins who subsequently muted me which I was fine with considering it was just a matter of time before it happened. I then left it for a few days expecting to apologize in mute appeals and forget it all happened although before I was planning to ask to be unmuted and apologize, I needed admin assistance which I asked for in the mute appeal chat as instructed by a head admin (who's name I do not recall). When I got into the server to ask, I realized that the other people who had ghost pinged me and others had been muted after me as well as already been unmuted without appealing, a few of those people having been multi-time offenders (Deagle and one other). I still asked for admin assistance anyway but was told to not ask there despite being directly told to if the admin scrolled up for a few messages prior. I sent 1 or 2 messages linking and trying to explain the situation about the instructions I had been given. The next time I glanced over to my monitor with discord open, I was no longer on the server and had been banned without direct reason given to me although I'm assuming it was for ghost pings.
I am very sorry for ghost-pinging the admins and promise to never ghost-ping anyone again on the server or anyone who happens to be on the server at all even on different servers with those people. I don't know why I was banned when the other people who ghost-pinged were unmuted but I was banned and would like to apologize for whatever I did above them to warrant a ban.

RE: SvBSheep (SvBSheep #4510) | Unban Request - boink - 26-05-2021

Hi svbSheep,

I was trying to make it clear that the #mute-appeals channel is for appeals only - it was also your attitude of "btw, im probably not going to appeal for a while". So while i was cleaning the channel of muted users you said you weren't going to appeal so i banned you from the server because you didn't seem to understand that the channel is for appeals only.

In the future, ask a senior admin+ to check the logs of who ghost pinged you, as lower staff don't have access to those logs.

I will unban and unmute you today as i can understand the ban was relatively harsh, but if you're muted again you'll need to use the mute-appeals for nothing but appeals - keep in mind only senior admins and up have access to the mute-appeals channel so your chance of getting moderators on are slim.

Thanks.