Oceanic Servers
why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here (/showthread.php?tid=3037)

Pages: 1 2 3

why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - gada - 14-12-2020

lets be honest, ds is kinda dying. 
[Image: image.png]
S1 hasnt reached peak in the past 30 days, I dont think it is unwise to assume the last time the server was above 51 players was massyween. 

as onionzzz, the general "idea man" has left it has become clear that there isnt much plan for the server to progress or change for the future.

in all honesty I believe Domination Servers has a chance to survive past its 1 year expiry date, but it will actually take work and at its current route nobody in the high ranking staff seem to be really interested in putting in much work. 

so i just request that you cunts actually do something. host an event like the competitive tournament, bring some of the players back into the community. rn you are relying on very inexperienced moderators to carry the community on ur back. 

im not asking u to redesign the genre, just add some ideas that would maybe lead to some niggas buying vip and we can stop the dwindling player count. y know.

or i guess we could just leave it to die as we are doing rn. either or.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - wK - 14-12-2020

add thirdperson mode

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - BlakAddarz - 14-12-2020

Aussie jailbreak has been active for a bloody long time mr political hostage Gada, longer than you may assume. the current managers (i don't recognize Anthonyyy, but i'm certain that he's played his part) have been an integral part of not only domination servers, but jailbreak as a whole. i have seen your posts, and i have to say  i'm disappointed that you fail to recognize the service of the managers. in a way i do understand your disrespect for some of the staff team, but you shouldn't undermine the efforts by the managers to ensure the survivability of this server. i mean, without them this place wouldnt exist in the first place. aussie jailbreak would've died in 2017 and you wouldn't be here complaining because there would be nothing to complain about! 

gada, it's endearing that you are so passionate for keeping true blu aussie jb alive, but i believe that you and everyone else should just let the managers figure it out if they see an actual problem (which really this issue seems quite minor to me, and your 1 yeaar expiry date is ridiculous in my opinion).

AND even if the server did close (not saying it's going to), some other person will branch off and host their own, as has happened several times in the past.

Cheerz, ba

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - gada - 14-12-2020

(14-12-2020, 09:19 PM)BlakAddarz Wrote: the current managers (i don't recognize Anthonyyy, but i'm certain that he's played his part) have been an integral part of not only domination servers, but jailbreak as a whole. i have seen your posts, and i have to say  i'm disappointed that you fail to recognize the service of the managers.
I never discredited the past work that they have done. Onionzzz has done fantastic work creating oPortal and other systems to work specifically for ds, however i cant say the same about the current managers. 
Quote:Aussie jailbreak has been active for a bloody long time mr political hostage Gada, longer than you may assume.
im well aware
Quote:and your 1 yeaar expiry date is ridiculous in my opinion).
[Image: image.png]
the occasional 1 month vip purchase isnt gonna save the server at this point. too expensive. 
Quote:but i believe that you and everyone else should just let the managers figure it out if they see an actual problem
managers seem to be well aware there are issues. just dont want to seem to work towards fixing them. 

I appreciate your honest response though. good to see someone who knows what they are talking about is responding.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - molesto - 14-12-2020

be less harsh towards people just trying to have fun, and since one of the main managers (magics) is busy right now and won't be back for a couple more weeks the staff team and the server don't really know what to do without him, hopefully when he comes back there will be more fun events going on but ? who knows what can happen.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - Casper - 15-12-2020

Me and Cattrip will save this community

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - Malala - 15-12-2020

Not to say nothing should be done but the decrease in players is not exclusive to DS, CSGO is dying in AU with more players leaving than new players coming in.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - ✪ Deaglegotu - 15-12-2020

(14-12-2020, 08:34 PM)wK Wrote: add thirdperson mode

No.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - ZoNiCaL - 15-12-2020

I don't play on the servers anymore, but just poking around the forums and Discord from time to time, DS is still able to bring in a solid 30-ish people every single night.
However, it is clear that a lot of people that made DS good are moving past the gamemode. A lot of the staff from 2019-early 2020 have left, myself included. DS isn't the same compared to what it was in 2017(?) or 18, but I have felt that new generations of players will keep coming in and populating the server every night.

Now does Oni leaving (for whatever reasons he left, idc) put a bit of a dent in the community? Yeah, it kinda does. Love him or hate him, he and Hyphen have shaped this community into what it is today. I have no doubts that Anthonyy, magics, Hyphen (if he's still around), and the operators will do their best to keep DS alive. Just because you don't publicly see things doesn't mean that they're just sitting back watching the money roll in.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - HOWLZE - 15-12-2020

(15-12-2020, 11:28 AM)ZoNiCaL Wrote: I don't play on the servers anymore, but just poking around the forums and Discord from time to time, DS is still able to bring in a solid 30-ish people every single night.
However, it is clear that a lot of people that made DS good are moving past the gamemode. A lot of the staff from 2019-early 2020 have left, myself included. DS isn't the same compared to what it was in 2017(?) or 18, but I have felt that new generations of players will keep coming in and populating the server every night.

Now does Oni leaving (for whatever reasons he left, idc) put a bit of a dent in the community? Yeah, it kinda does. Love him or hate him, he and Hyphen have shaped this community into what it is today. I have no doubts that Anthonyy, magics, Hyphen (if he's still around), and the operators will do their best to keep DS alive. Just because you don't publicly see things doesn't mean that they're just sitting back watching the money roll in.
You're classic? Meaning you were staff at some point? Who let you onto staff?  Tongue

Anyway DS seems about the same to me just a little less players. Not even close to dying. Sure, old staff leaving is a bit saddening but that's just natural progression my friend.