Oceanic Servers
Brig - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Mapping (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Brig (/showthread.php?tid=3003)

Pages: 1 2

Brig - cambemite - 28-11-2020

Hi everyone

about a month ago I started developing a map for ds servers jailbreak and decided to finally make a forum post on it. I am planning on making it set on a large ship with its design very vaguely inspired from that csgo hostage map set on a shipped which existed for a while but now seems to be out of rotation. I may also include a small island or port but that depends on if I feel like it needs that extra space. I am not expecting to complete anytime soon as I am not devoting a ton of time to it but hopefully sometime in late 2021

The games I am planning on including are:
Deathrun with ct triggered traps
Missile game(similar to that ball game on nova_prospekt but with missiles instead of balls)
obby
a small combat surf
hunger games
skipping
Pool
soccer
dodgeball
volleyball
climb

Here are some pictures of what i have so far (I know it looks very basic and i am planning to make it look better once i have finished the base design, I will also update to better photos from inside csgo later):[Image: 1F6RUrR.jpg]
[Image: N5pYIwf.jpg]
[Image: XrVgWAx.jpg]
[Image: Li7F30r.jpg]

RE: Brig - ✪ Deaglegotu - 28-11-2020

May I ask how combat surf would work?
Would it be something along the lines of a "surf arena" and its basically hunger games but surf?
or would it be something entirely different?

RE: Brig - DrKittens - 28-11-2020

Looks awesome!!!!!

Very happy and impressed to see more people getting into mapping. 

If you ever need help, feel free to message our resident mappers myself, Subi, Decroded and Crycelia (welcome to the team Crycelia), as well as the DS Management. 

Best suggestion I could give is decompile the csgo boat map and look how it was made and see into the props/design choices it has. Would be cool to see a similar level of detail for this level.

Regards,

Kittens.

RE: Brig - divine - 28-11-2020

+1 need more maps in rotation, and do you have an ms?

RE: Brig - cambemite - 28-11-2020

(28-11-2020, 05:05 PM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: May I ask how combat surf would work?
Would it be something along the lines of a "surf arena" and its basically hunger games but surf?

Yeah I'm planning to make a small surf arena with some boosts and increasing the accuracy and airaccelerate so you can properly surf and aim in the air then the cts can just turn on ff. The only thing I am not too sure about is whether the surf will kill you if you fall out or if it will just tp you to the start of the arena and gets rid of your speed. It will probably just depend on the difficulty of the arena.

(28-11-2020, 07:37 PM)divine Wrote: +1 need more maps in rotation, and do you have an ms?

Not right at the moment but I have plenty of ideas of potential ms's I could add later. At the moment I am thinking of doing something like sinking the ship if I decide to add a port or something more typical for a jb map like a secret room that gives invisibility or something. I am not too sure at the moment the details of the ms apart from that there will be one.

RE: Brig - gada - 28-11-2020

(28-11-2020, 04:05 PM)cambemite Wrote: about a month ago I started developing a map for ds servers jailbreak

I am not expecting to complete anytime soon as I am not devoting a ton of time to it but hopefully sometime in late 2021

[Image: Untitled-drawing-15.png]

RE: Brig - wK - 28-11-2020

welcome back gada

RE: Brig - Malala - 29-11-2020

(28-11-2020, 08:09 PM)cambemite Wrote:
(28-11-2020, 05:05 PM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: May I ask how combat surf would work?

Yeah I'm planning to make a small surf arena with some boosts and increasing the accuracy and airaccelerate so you can properly surf and aim in the air then the cts can just turn on ff. The only thing I am not too sure about is whether the surf will kill you if you fall out or if it will just tp you to the start of the arena and gets rid of your speed. It will probably just depend on the difficulty of the arena.

(28-11-2020, 07:37 PM)divine Wrote: +1 need more maps in rotation, and do you have an ms?

Not right at the moment but I have plenty of ideas of potential ms's I could add later. At the moment I am thinking of doing something like sinking the ship if I decide to add a port or something more typical for a jb map like a secret room that gives invisibility or something. I am not too sure at the moment the details of the ms apart from that there will be one.

You don't need to set AA, default is 2000 on DS if I'm remembering properly and you only need 150 for surfing anyways.
If this is your first map you shouldn't try making the ship to sink, it is possible but the methods aren't exactly easy and CS:GO is a shitty game anyways.

RE: Brig - ✪ Deaglegotu - 29-11-2020

Replying to malala:

Yeah to be honest the engine really needs a re-working.
That's why valve are developing Source Engine: 2, in hopes to improve it dramatically.

Replying to cambemite:

Currently, yes it is possible to sink the ship but as you had said you aren't devoting a lot of time to it at the moment, and if you are hoping to pull of such a feat, you need a lot of time to work with.
But great idea and if you can make it work somehow that would be awesome!

RE: Brig - cambemite - 29-11-2020

Quote:Currently, yes it is possible to sink the ship but as you had said you aren't devoting a lot of time to it at the moment, and if you are hoping to pull of such a feat, you need a lot of time to work with.
Quote: it is possible but the methods aren't exactly easy
Yeah that doesn't really surprise me that it would be hard to do. It is more of a pipe dream of an ms that I would implement in the end if i felt up to it. That being said both of you seem to have a bit of an idea of how to do that. Would either of you be able to tell me what I should look into on how to do that?