Oceanic Servers
Custom spray rule suggestions. - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Jailbreak (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Custom spray rule suggestions. (/showthread.php?tid=2979)

Pages: 1 2

Custom spray rule suggestions. - Strepsils Orange Value Pack - 19-11-2020

The Rules for custom sprays are pretty simple and that for the most part is a good thing but here are my suggestions:
1. The rules include "If the image would get you banned on Discord, it will get you banned in-game." The rules that are on the discord are good but should be included on the upload page for the spray. We shouldn't trust that a user will read the rules if they aren't right in front of them, they may not even be a member of the discord.
2. Rule 11 should include an obligation to read and agree to the more specific rules that are on the upload page.
3. Include admin discretion in determining if a spray is inappropriate. 
4. Perhaps include rules about doxing or targeting specific users with sprays that would otherwise be appropriate. In the past my steam profile picture was of a well known users sister, that kind of thing should not be allowed as a spray.

Cheers.

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - chiswell - 19-11-2020

If you use a spray that is a dox spray you will most likely get banned as it falls under the general rules of dont dox people in our actual rules.

How about just use common sense and think if something will get you banned or not. If its a bit iffy of a spray aka bit iffy NSFW then you may be warned but otherwise bans will be issued out.

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - ✪ Deaglegotu - 19-11-2020

"No inappropriate sprays, any inapproriate spray will get you banned."

You should be able to figure out you arent allowed to upload any nudity and it should be quite obvious that you would not be allowed to reveal anyones person information including their ip.
Yes, for reasons such as idiots uploading such sprays and using the common "I DiDnt ReAlise" excuse, the rules included would be great and just to make sure its okay.
But needing an admin to check your spray is pretty stupid in my opinion because just imagine the amount of joke spray requests they would receive.

"How about just use common sense and think if something will get you banned or not."
^^^

Good idea but would most likely not work out as intended

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - Strepsils Orange Value Pack - 19-11-2020

(19-11-2020, 12:35 PM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: "No inappropriate sprays, any inapproriate spray will get you banned."

You should be able to figure out you arent allowed to upload any nudity and it should be quite obvious that you would not be allowed to reveal anyones person information including their ip.
Yes, for reasons such as idiots uploading such sprays and using the common "I DiDnt ReAlise" excuse, the rules included would be great and just to make sure its okay.
But needing an admin to check your spray is pretty stupid in my opinion because just imagine the amount of joke spray requests they would receive.

"How about just use common sense and think if something will get you banned or not."
^^^

Needing an admin to check sprays is a definitely stupid idea that's a waste of time as far as I can see and it's not what I'm suggesting. What I mean by admin discretion is that if somebody uses an inappropriate spray, say something that's iffy NSFW it's clear that they can be banned or asked to change it without debate over whether its NSFW. More to save admins time than anything. 
With regards to doxing it's already clear you can't reveal personal information, I'm more concerned with people being baited into revealing their own personal information if somebody uses an image (that may not be regarded as personal information) that's meant to illicit a response.

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - dugglez - 19-11-2020

(19-11-2020, 12:35 PM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: "No inappropriate sprays, any inapproriate spray will get you banned."

^^^

Must you be part of every post? legit parroting chiswell for no reason other than to hear the sound of your own voice. Unless you have original thoughts to bring to the table, stop posting.

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - gada - 19-11-2020

(19-11-2020, 12:35 PM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: "How about just use common sense and think if something will get you banned or not."
^^^

Nigga ur actually so retarded you hurt me physically. That is how this shitty server has run since its inception, common sense is the main rule for things that arent directly JB mechanics, you follow and it works. Why tf are you telling chiswell what will work??? u joined in fucking october
(19-11-2020, 01:05 PM)Strepsils Orange Value Pack Wrote: With regards to doxing it's already clear you can't reveal personal information, I'm more concerned with people being baited into revealing their own personal information if somebody uses an image (that may not be regarded as personal information) that's meant to illicit a response.
ive seen this shit before, if you end up in the situation where someone has something they can use to dox you and they made it a spray, its already too late. 
obviously u shouldnt go screaming "OMGGGG QUADDEH HAS A PICUTRE OF MY FUCKING DAD GUYS" and u would just get it privately sorted but when someone has that picture they r gonna spread it regardless. if ur embarrased, leave i guess. the server isnt a court, they can ban niggas for whatever reason so if its obvious that someone is dry-doxxing they arent gonna just say "oops well looks like that isnt in our rules so we cant ban them!111!111!1!"

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - ✪ Deaglegotu - 19-11-2020

you do realise I was talking about the rules section not the common sense comment retard

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - quaddeh - 19-11-2020

[Image: 9RLnjWe.png]

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - chiswell - 19-11-2020

Deagle...Majority of our rules and shit is based on common sense...We cant have every single rule written and shit for all the little scenarios so you saying it probs wont work is retarded seeing as this community has been up for 2+ years

RE: Custom spray rule suggestions. - gada - 19-11-2020

(19-11-2020, 05:27 PM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: you do realise I was talking about the rules section not the common sense comment retard

that doesnt make it any better faggot, same statement still applies.