Oceanic Servers
Would this work? - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Plugins and Coding (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Would this work? (/showthread.php?tid=2955)

Pages: 1 2

Would this work? - FilthyFubzy - 05-11-2020

I dont know enough about coding but whats the chance of finding/ creating a plugin that at start of each round CTs type !warden and first user is warden and also their mic gains priority over all other mics in game? Just an idea Big Grin

RE: Would this work? - C3pec - 05-11-2020

no gross idea

RE: Would this work? - Badank Badang - 06-11-2020

The thing that makes AUS JB so great is that it is nothing like scummy American JB or shit JB where they have real !warden (!w) commands, coloured lines, crouch walking and horrid shit. I agree with C3pec. But to answer your question, Sure it would work. It already does just not here. xoxo

RE: Would this work? - dugglez - 06-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 09:09 PM)FilthyFubzy Wrote: I dont know enough about coding but whats the chance of finding/ creating a plugin that at start of each round CTs type !warden and first user is warden and also their mic gains priority over all other mics in game? Just an idea Big Grin

Whoever shouts the loudest is warden.

RE: Would this work? - ✪ Deaglegotu - 06-11-2020

When I had started to play jailbreak I believe I had first joined the Invex servers.
I slowly fell in love with jailbreak and reached the point where I could be ct.
The !warden feature was included in this server and I always wanted to be warden but I quickly realized how much of a pain the feature really was.
Many players would hog warden as once you are warden, you stayed warden until you left ct.
Another thing wrong with this is that people would be waiting until the warden had left ct to snipe their spot leaving those who wanted to have fun on ct and warden occasionally no chance.
This is why I had eventually quit jailbreak for that time solely because of the stupid wardening rules and there was no way to change because cts couldn't speak over the warden WHAT SO EVER until a certain time period.

Now that I have sunk 100 hours into Domination servers I can say I love the ct side for how free it is compared to other servers especially when it comes to wardening.
It doesn't require a silly command and it makes it so there can be a new warden every round which may be a pain when there are no admins/mods on to help stop ct stackers and mic spammers who take warden from those who are good at it but when the server does get populated the feature will cause a lot of problems I believe.
If somehow they can make the feature work that would be great but in my opinion, it's better without it.
The concept may seem great but once in play, it may not work out as planned and may soon be hated or removed for how it is.

I really like the idea of the mic priority though, I believe that could work somehow.
Maybe with all cts having a louder mic volume than ts but this may cause even more reason for mic spammers to join ct.

But besides that is my opinion and you may view it differently and could see it working out.
Thanks for reading!

RE: Would this work? - FilthyFubzy - 08-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 10:58 PM)C3pec Wrote: no gross idea

Mate I love the freedom of DOM JB thats why we play JB ofc, but there seriously has to be something done with T mic spammers over wardens. It ruins almost every round half the team dies to T orders because there is 5 Ts talking over 1CT and its almost impossible to hear which order is real or fake..

RE: Would this work? - chiswell - 08-11-2020

Thats some of the essence of Jailbreak. If mods are on and find it to be an issue we mute and moderate the server accordingly. But having a CT have mic priority is just such a bad idea and will cancel out so much fun from the T side such as screaming RUSH EM BOIS and shit like that.

RE: Would this work? - gada - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 03:27 PM)chiswell Wrote: Thats some of the essence of Jailbreak. If mods are on and find it to be an issue we mute and moderate the server accordingly. But having a CT have mic priority is just such a bad idea and will cancel out so much fun from the T side such as screaming RUSH EM BOIS and shit like that.

shut up nigga u just want to mute niggas bitch ass pussy ass warden nigga, i will lick clean ur teeth like a mf dentist the day u arent a bitch ass pussy ass warden ass nigga. fuck you.

RE: Would this work? - FilthyFubzy - 08-11-2020

Well can admins start muting Ts for spamming their stupid soundboards for more than 2 minutes aka giving them no reason to not do it again. Most maps you cant even get in a good round because there are 5 Ts talking over the warden which results in poor game rotations etc

RE: Would this work? - gada - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 03:45 PM)FilthyFubzy Wrote: Well can admins start muting Ts for spamming their stupid soundboards for more than 2 minutes aka giving them no reason to not do it again. Most maps you cant even get in a good round because there are 5 Ts talking over the warden which results in poor game rotations etc

Stfu, u minimod harder than deagle in game. nobody cares, we get it ur used to having ur hand held with 2 hour mutes on fagGamers, the times are-a changing.