Oceanic Servers
Staff Discussion Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Staff Discussion Request (/showthread.php?tid=2902)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Staff Discussion Request - gada - 18-10-2020

BEFORE YOU TYPE UR SHITTY COMMENT, THIS POST IS NOT TRYING TO JUSTIFY, EXCUSE OR ALLOW MICSPAM. 

I think an issue has unfortunately become apparent that many current staff members are out of touch with what Australian Jailbreak is and what some staff members purpose of being staff is. 
Jailbreak is a gamemode that relies heavily on rules, this is the reason that there are many staff members at one time. It is ideal for there to be at least one staff member online at all times because mistakes and incidents do often occur in the game. 

I have personally played Domination Servers for 2.5 years, being my justification in saying that with large amounts of experienced staff suddenly leaving it leaves a severe hole in the rule enforcement aspect of keeping jailbreak fun. I don't blame managers for the decisions they made to accommodate for the "questionable" staffing choices made over the period that I was banned. 
However I do have to complain about the lack of training these new staff received about what the point of staff in the server actually is and how they are meant to fulfil that role. 

I am aware that it is mentioned in the Staff Guidelines and during the trial test that (Something along these lines, havent been staff in a while and cannot check)
"The purpose of being a staff member is to ensure that as many players as possible are having fun, enforcing rules is only an aspect of this."

I would like to bring forward one recent example of a staff member not understanding why they are staff, I believe the chat logs can speak for themselves.

SCREENSHOT 1: Gean Mutes J-Money Whom Was Peacefully and Quietly Singing a song and playing the guitar, Not interrupting the round as the ct hunted final rebellers. 
(
if u dont believe me watch the demo urself faggot, canyondam s1)
(PS Part 2, Uncle Rifle May have been also on the server as he muted the round after. )
[Image: hv2DMqe.png]

EVIDENCE PART 2 - APPX 30 SECONDS LATER DrKittens IS BLATANTLY FREEKILLED, 
(again i think uncle rifle may have also been there not enforcing rules)
[Image: Imeks5w.png]

As the ct had Free-killed DrKittens, he LR'd with the final T, Gean and *uncle rifle* doing absolutely nothing.

As a great suprise, the next round they mute micspam. 

I think there is a point of Australian Jailbreak, and it has been clearly stated in this community and others that rule leniency is established to allow for better player experience.

i reccomend we teach the staff members who havent even played jailbreak as a gamemode for longer than 3 months what the purpose of being staff is and how to properly allow for leniancy and admin discretion, as staff misconduct is unfortunately becoming a frequently recurring pattern. 
[Image: V2rUXWC.png]
[Image: J7cEdBN.png]
[Image: otOvXwu.png]

Thank you.

THIS IS A DISCUSSION POST, NOT A COMPLAINT. DONT CLOSE IT FOR "DENIED" ITS ABOUT DISCUSSING IT. 

RE: Staff Discussion Request - Casper - 18-10-2020

+1 “All admins are bastards” - former admin gada

RE: Staff Discussion Request - ZoNiCaL - 18-10-2020

As a former staff member myself, and as much as I hate to say this, I partially agree with what Gada is saying here. Staff members do make mistakes from time to time (some more than others cough), and that's how people in a position of power should learn. However, for the small amount of time I've been on recently, the quality of the staff recently has just been worse that what I was used to.

Could just be me being out of touch for the last 5 months, I dunno.

RE: Staff Discussion Request - phanta - 18-10-2020

staff are shit pods is retarded

RE: Staff Discussion Request - molesto - 18-10-2020

chiswell won't respond to this because he is cumphobic?????

RE: Staff Discussion Request - ONIONZZZ - 18-10-2020

If what you say is true, and experienced staff have left and thus we need to fill the void. Who do you expect to “train” new staff?

Back in the day staff didn’t get a mentor, they were thrown on and off they went.

So how is it worse now than back then when they get HEAVILY guided and scrutinised throughout their trial period? I think we baby them too much and they should be able to think on their own rather than rely on asking questions in staff channels/rely on tools in game.

RE: Staff Discussion Request - Anubis - 18-10-2020

Whilst I dislike Gada, I agree with this post. 

Whilst there was a lot of legitimate ear rape I do not get shitty at Rifle and Gean for muting them, I get cranky at the lack of discretion and the lack of continuity between staff members when it comes to mutes.

Now two sets of mic spamming (ear rape) had occurred throughout the map (Not aiming at the mutes that I think were unfair). J-Money players ear rape and receives a 30 minute mute by I believe Rifle and Gean. Dr Kittens plays ear rape of the same kind and received a 2 minute mute by Krispy.

This is obviously a lapse in what punishments are being given as for a random player it is unfair to be receiving separate mute times for the same style of ear raping (mind you Money and Kittens both had previous mutes).

RE: Staff Discussion Request - gada - 18-10-2020

(18-10-2020, 05:18 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: If what you say is true, and experienced staff have left and thus we need to fill the void. Who do you expect to “train” new staff?

Back in the day staff didn’t get a mentor, they were thrown on and off they went.

So how is it worse now than back then when they get HEAVILY guided and scrutinised throughout their trial period? I think we baby them too much and they should be able to think on their own rather than rely on asking questions in staff channels/rely on tools in game.

Staff who have played for a while? Fuck i still get told im under experienced in jailbreak and ive played DS before every current staff member except you, hyphen and decroded. 
It's not a matter of babying them its a matter of making sure you pick staff who have a willingness and ability to quickly learn what AU JB is if you want to keep hiring staff who arent even second trimester. 
fuck man if it takes showing them an old ds video or even a bg/fg video just so they can have a slightly better understanding of what "fun" jailbreak is it would be greatly beneficial to the server.

RE: Staff Discussion Request - DrKittens - 18-10-2020

+1

I 100% agree with what this post has outlined, either Mods/Newer Admins need to change their attitude or something should be discussed with the higher ups. 

I think the point that Gada brought up of "The purpose of being a staff member is to ensure that as many players as possible are having fun, enforcing rules is only an aspect of this" being stated, but not put into use perfectly describes how the past few months of JB has felt from both a staff and non-staff perspective. Staff have progressive become younger over the pasty ~6 months from my experience as a Staff Member, Mentor and Senior Admin, just have another Staff Discussion like a few months back discussing this problem and ask the community for more input on how the staff are apporaching things. The best example I have from memory is when myself and 3 others were having fun on Calico, an un-named Mod comes on and ct-bans a dude for gunplanting. If we are all having fun at nobodys expense, why are they being punished?

If only someone with experience, who was unhappy about how Mods have been acting applied for staff again.... Tongue

RE: Staff Discussion Request - krispy - 18-10-2020

(18-10-2020, 05:21 PM)Anubis Wrote: Whilst I dislike Gada, I agree with this post. 

Whilst there was a lot of legitimate ear rape I do not get shitty at Rifle and Gean for muting them, I get cranky at the lack of discretion and the lack of continuity between staff members when it comes to mutes.

Now two sets of mic spamming (ear rape) had occurred throughout the map (Not aiming at the mutes that I think were unfair). J-Money players ear rape and receives a 30 minute mute by I believe Rifle and Gean. Dr Kittens plays ear rape of the same kind and received a 2 minute mute by Krispy.

This is obviously a lapse in what punishments are being given as for a random player it is unfair to be receiving separate mute times for the same style of ear raping (mind you Money and Kittens both had previous mutes).

About how I was addressed in this, often the fastest way for any staff member to mute someone is for us to view everyone who is speaking, mute them quickly there, and then to unmute them and re-mute them with the appropriate length. This must have been a case where I forgot he had been muted, and so forgot that he needed to be muted again. I know personally that I would never favour one player over anything to do with staffing the server, and I apologise that I forgot to re-mute him in this scenario.