Oceanic Servers
Admin corruption (Video Proof) - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Graphics & Media (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Videos (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Admin corruption (Video Proof) (/showthread.php?tid=2816)

Admin corruption (Video Proof) - MIKE WOMBAT - 11-09-2020

I recorded and made a video, enjoy

RE: Admin corruption (Video Proof) - Pedro - 11-09-2020

dont worry bro, im sure the players union will do something about this corruption! power to the players! ps. what chips are you eating bro

RE: Admin corruption (Video Proof) - dugglez - 12-09-2020

Given this cleverly isn't in staff complaints, I want to weigh in. 

The first kill is not a freekill. Regardless of whether the ct knows it or not (though they shouldn't shoot unless absolutely certain), you were in the gunroom, and thus were automatically rebelling, hence you are unable to be freekilled.

The second kill is less clear cut. At 0:50 you appear to point your gun outside, but only the most nazi cunt cts will kill you for that. That one is much closer to a freekill.

Now, much like in the 2016 film "Sully" starring Tom Hanks, we have forgotten the "human element" in these proceedings. Wug is a relatively inexperienced moderator who is still learning the ropes and making mistakes as is acceptable at ANY rank on the DS staff team. Moreover, the technology he had at his disposal was limited. As a former admin I can tell you approximately what happened. Wug checked your deathcam, saw you lurking near outside, asked cobba why you were killed, to which he replied something along the lines of "he was pointing a gun at me". Presumably, he took his word for it and told you what he told you in his PM. Now, this may come as a surprise to you, but the admin team does not have eyes in the back of its' head. It is not possible for them to see everything that is going on, and the few commands they have that allow them to rewatch certain moments are no help in this situation. It is, as we say in the business (or, as we said :( ), a "he-said-she-said". In this situation, I would've respawned you and not slayed the ct, as there is no more I can do unless another member of the team saw something to help. Finally, though the admins would never tell you this, as they are balanced and do not play favourites, your reputation as a loud-mouthed pain in the ass could have contributed to the taking of sides against you.

It's a shame to think all this could've been avoided if we just didn't unperm you that time.

RE: Admin corruption (Video Proof) - MIKE WOMBAT - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 07:51 AM)dugglez Wrote: Given this cleverly isn't in staff complaints, I want to weigh in. 

The first kill is not a freekill. Regardless of whether the ct knows it or not (though they shouldn't shoot unless absolutely certain), you were in the gunroom, and thus were automatically rebelling, hence you are unable to be freekilled.

The second kill is less clear cut. At 0:50 you appear to point your gun outside, but only the most nazi cunt cts will kill you for that. That one is much closer to a freekill.

Now, much like in the 2016 film "Sully" starring Tom Hanks, we have forgotten the "human element" in these proceedings. Wug is a relatively inexperienced moderator who is still learning the ropes and making mistakes as is acceptable at ANY rank on the DS staff team. Moreover, the technology he had at his disposal was limited. As a former admin I can tell you approximately what happened. Wug checked your deathcam, saw you lurking near outside, asked cobba why you were killed, to which he replied something along the lines of "he was pointing a gun at me". Presumably, he took his word for it and told you what he told you in his PM. Now, this may come as a surprise to you, but the admin team does not have eyes in the back of its' head. It is not possible for them to see everything that is going on, and the few commands they have that allow them to rewatch certain moments are no help in this situation. It is, as we say in the business (or, as we said Sad ), a "he-said-she-said". In this situation, I would've respawned you and not slayed the ct, as there is no more I can do unless another member of the team saw something to help. Finally, though the admins would never tell you this, as they are balanced and do not play favourites, your reputation as a loud-mouthed pain in the ass could have contributed to the taking of sides against you.

It's a shame to think all this could've been avoided if we just didn't unperm you that time.

Amazing effort doug, no really just an outstanding response. The detail and wisdom of your paragraph is truly amazing, everyone on this forum must think that you really care about DS servers Doug, and you do. You take the time to analyze the problem and come up with your own solution, we really need you back as an admin, DS servers will never be the same without you Doug. Unfortunatley there is nothing really to be avoided, I made a video, not a complaint hence why It is not in the complaint section of the forum Smile I just love how you keep bringing up my past ban it seems like it really took an offence to you Doug and I'm not sure why. I do know one thing, that a higher and more experienced staff member saw that I was innocent and I proved it in many different ways privately through discord (without your big nose in our faces). If we are referencing movies here you would definitely be the green Grinch from Christmas, is that why you left the team? Is that why you join the server like every 12 months now?

Cheers.

RE: Admin corruption (Video Proof) - boink - 12-09-2020

Per Dugglez, both kills seem to have been caught in the crossfire from other Ts shooting and simply accidental freekills on Cobba's part (would only be a slay incase you're trying to argue he should be permd)

You've specifically mentioned you don't want to make a staff complaint, so i went as far as discussing the video with Wug on how it could have been handled better.

RE: Admin corruption (Video Proof) - MIKE WOMBAT - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 01:57 PM)boink Wrote: Per Dugglez, both kills seem to have been caught in the crossfire from other Ts shooting and simply accidental freekills on Cobba's part (would only be a slay incase you're trying to argue he should be permd)

You've specifically mentioned you don't want to make a staff complaint, so i went as far as discussing the video with Wug on how it could have been handled better.

I have to agree with you here boink, I didn't want to make a complaint as it was a bit complicated and I am glad to hear you talked to Wug on how to improve.

RE: Admin corruption (Video Proof) - MIKE WOMBAT (2) - 27-11-2022

(11-09-2020, 09:28 PM)Pedro Wrote: dont worry bro, im sure the players union will do something about this corruption! power to the players! ps. what chips are you eating bro

Power to the people