Oceanic Servers
8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: 8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. (/showthread.php?tid=2745)

8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - krispy - 04-08-2020

I think a shorter 9k and order timer would benefit many rounds if it was implemented, as there are often times where cts either don't give orders, don't open cells, or wait a while to open them so they can get a firm set up in place. This would force cts to be much more efficient and not spend 30 seconds in gun room as often happens. My other suggestion is a shorter order timer so that cts are forced to further the round rather then keeping ts in one place for minutes at a time (for this to work rules would need to be added so orders for ts to stay in the same place do not count). 

This would make most rounds much quicker, and either of these changes would give a better experience to ts that are dead and alive. 

I'm not saying it needs to be this extreme, just something to consider.

RE: 8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - DrKittens - 04-08-2020

cool.

not gonna say if i like it or not

but 

cool.

RE: 8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - dugglez - 05-08-2020

1. On maps such as maximum (rip magics) and canyondam, dealing with gun spawns can see cts waiting in gunroom for upwards of 15 seconds. This would give them virtually no time to set up. 
2. Combined with this, this would add on to the tard wrangling that the warden would have to do which, if you've wardened lately, is quite difficult, as you are essentially working with 5 people with their helmets strapped on too tight. 
3. If the CTs are keeping the Ts in one place for too long, the admins will do something about it. 
4. This would not change the fact that maximum rounds will last for 8 minutes and be shit, but that is just a fault of the map.
5. Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want rounds to start faster, go on ct and rush the cell button! (note: this strategy may make you subject to a ctban (it does work sometimes though))

RE: 8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - krispy - 05-08-2020

(05-08-2020, 09:02 AM)dugglez Wrote: 1. On maps such as maximum (rip magics) and canyondam, dealing with gun spawns can see cts waiting in gunroom for upwards of 15 seconds. This would give them virtually no time to set up. 
2. Combined with this, this would add on to the tard wrangling that the warden would have to do which, if you've wardened lately, is quite difficult, as you are essentially working with 5 people with their helmets strapped on too tight. 
3. If the CTs are keeping the Ts in one place for too long, the admins will do something about it. 
4. This would not change the fact that maximum rounds will last for 8 minutes and be shit, but that is just a fault of the map.
5. Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want rounds to start faster, go on ct and rush the cell button! (note: this strategy may make you subject to a ctban (it does work sometimes though))

Any change like this will have its flaws, but if maps can be adjusted so that guns can be obtained faster, which I know is hard, then a change like this would help shorten the longest rounds.

RE: 8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - MattTheCat - 05-08-2020

In the grand scheme of things saving 15 seconds each round is not worth changing a feature that has been around for so long. As dugglez said some maps will have problems with this and re-making the maps just to be compatible with a 15 second earlier cell opening just isn't worth it.

RE: 8:15/30 9k and 45 second order time. - ONIONZZZ - 05-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 09:55 PM)DrKittens Wrote: cool.

not gonna say if i like it or not

but 

cool.