Oceanic Servers
Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Ban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request (/showthread.php?tid=2529)

Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request - Another Nerd - 23-05-2020

Name: Jwals

SteamID or Discord ID: STEAM_0:1:184871546

Which Server?: Jailbreak #1

Time of incident: 10:00pm AEST

Reason for the ban: -Killing T's in vent cell without reason as detailed by rule 43.2
43.2 Ts are allowed to knife vents until a CT says "no knifing vents" or "knifing vents will get you shot" etc (doesn't matter on wording as long as it is clear).

-Immediately making his way to the front of the cell block, as detailed by rule 30.
30. CTs that bait will receive a temporary CT ban. (Baiting is deliberately crossing paths with Ts or deliberately nearing their proximity)

Evidence: Demo recording of the round in question.
https://streamable.com/csuboo

Demo
https://portal.dominationservers.com/demos/download/4/demo-20200523_211514-ba_jail_ds_jailberd_venice_v2.dem

RE: Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request - ONIONZZZ - 24-05-2020

The T was on the edge of the vent, which I would concede being classed as being "in" the vent since he was going INTO the vent and the vent needs to be open for him to sit on the edge. Albeit definitely on the edge of the rule.

With the being close to cells thing I would put that on you being the warden, you should ensure all CTs are away from the cells before opening them as this would be classed as disadvantaging CTs. Same goes for giving orders where a CT is already standing. E.g All T's to coloured banner if a CT is standing near the banner etc.

Or giving ample time for CTs to move etc.

RE: Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request - Another Nerd - 24-05-2020

Quote: Same goes for giving orders where a CT is already standing. E.g All T's to coloured banner if a CT is standing near the banner etc. 

Or giving ample time for CTs to move etc.
The timeline of events is pretty clear - The player was baiting, and gun-planting.

8:46 - On CatWalk , Kills a T on the 'edge' of vents
8:44 - On CatWalk, Freewounds a T in ventcell  
8:37 -  Shoots into vent cell at T's for no reason
8:30 - climbs ladder to go onto roof 
8:29 - Descends ladder and rushes to the front of the cell block 
8:27 - Turns his back on the cell block 
8:24 - Cells open 
8:22 - Killed by T's within 5ft of the cell block 

There was always ample time for the player to not be where they were, there was never a reason for the player to be where they were. They was baiting, plain and simple. The player actively decided to put himself where he was. 

This isn't a one of act of duddery on the players behalf, the player has been ct-banned 11 times already. 
Twice for this exact reason. 
Quote:#103STEAM_1:1:184871546Jwals117/09/18, 7:17 PMPANELbaitingretardCTBANExpired  
Quote:#103STEAM_1:1:184871546Jwals1125/10/19, 5:30 PMNicodud, baiting, effective gunplantingCTBANExpired

This player makes a conscious decision, over and over to be disruptive and break the rules that govern CT playrs. 

You don't get 103 comm blocks and 11 ct bans for following the rules. 
You get that for being a pest.

RE: Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request - ZoNiCaL - 24-05-2020

Yeah no:

As a warden, you should be giving CT's ample time to setup for T's to leave cells. Many people tried to warden, including you and Jwals. You decide that "okay, I'm definitely going to be the warden this round" and you rush orders out while Jwals was still there. I do believe that Jwals didn't have a purpose to be where he was, but this could've been avoided if you clearly said something along the lines of "Jwals, move out of the way".

(Sidenote: He was actually the original warden from the clip from what I can tell. You and a few others didn't want him to warden because "he's shit" or whatever, and you just took over.)
Quote:There was always ample time for the player to not be where they were, there was never a reason for the player to be where they were. They was baiting, plain and simple. The player actively decided to put himself where he was. 

From when you started giving proper orders ~8:28, to when the cells were opened, there were 4 seconds in between. Jwals, while flexing his virtual ass off, wouldn't have enough time to move out of the way. You still had around 20 seconds to tell him to move out of the way, and you wouldn't have anything like a 9k happen.

Even then, I don't see this as a way of him maliciously gunplanting via death/baiting.

RE: Jwals (STEAM_0:1:184871546) | Ban Request - SuBi ☁ - 24-05-2020

Denied 

As stated above, even though borderline, being in vent is auto kos, so kill is justified. the freewound being accidental. 
As for the rest, looked like jwals gain orders first, then robert forced his way over him to get warden then handed it off, maybe more was said, but i couldnt hear over the t yelling over the mic even though no one can hear him ingame.
AS for him being in front of cell, sure why did he go there, but it was only a problem because you you decided to make yourself warden and then open cells when not all the cts were ready.

If you think i should ctban jwals for baiting, maybe i should ctban some of the other cts for doing things just as bad. 

Closed...