Oceanic Servers
Scripts - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Scripts (/showthread.php?tid=244)

Scripts - CLUBY918 | CSGOEmpire.com - 19-09-2018

I just need to confirm if they are allowed and if they aren't why are they not allowed

RE: Scripts - Anubis - 19-09-2018

The answer is no, you have asked me, asked another staff member and the whole server and the answer has been no every single time.

RE: Scripts - Turtle - 19-09-2018

No, scripts are not allowed as they allow you to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

RE: Scripts - ONIONZZZ - 19-09-2018

Just an FYI, regular bhopping was a bannable offence on the past iterations of this community. This is because good bhoppers can ruin a round. Scripters? Lmao are you kidding? You could win every round as a T if you have a cheater on your team.

Why would you ask us to allow cheats?
Disable yours or meet the same fate as the others.

RE: Scripts - CLUBY918 | CSGOEmpire.com - 19-09-2018

ok this is understandable

RE: Scripts - Raymond - 21-09-2018

On behalf of the Players Union (which represents a player base of over 40 players) a motion was passed that; 27-06-2015 - Act for a no bhop to advantage rule. So on the whole, this is would not be supported by the Players Union.

On a personal note I recall early FG-01 and LP which are predecessors to this server allowing such scripts, from memory I recall so many times after gun check (fun check) prisoners just b-hoping there way to freedom, which was 50/50 chance of stopping. This lead to prisoners often being told to go to top rails or stack points, however now considering the extra smoke spawns and VIP smoke spawns this would lead to more smoking. Also was the fact that people would need to build up speed, so often if the prisoners were told to stack against a banner, guards would stand sideways to the banner and shoot those building up speed for coming off the banner, this did lead to a fun game of scripting prisoners vs the awp heros of the guards, however you could imagine the dud's attempting to copy the older kids and the FK claims and the disagreements of how far off the banner as well "he was shot off the banner and his body landed on the banner" and ect. Still saying this, early FG-01 when this was rule existed and was the busiest time in history for this server.

However the PU view is against as the current standing motion states.

RE: Scripts - IVORK - 21-09-2018

FG/LP did not have the same detection methods as we do. They would auto-perm on detection of injected bhop cheats, but couldn't pick up Autohotkey / equivalents. When this did come in during mN, we chose not to straight up ban as about 1/5th of the player base was using some form of a jump spam script. Ranging from rands, regs, and even some admins.
However it still is an illegitimate advantage and therefore punished for.

RE: Scripts - ✪ KG//CS/Revian - 19-10-2018

Ahahaha I'm the only one who voted legal  Big Grin