Oceanic Servers
0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=2200)

0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - cru^ - 12-03-2020

Name: 0.

SteamID or Discord ID: cru#0565

Type of Ban: CTBan

Which Server?: Jailbreak #2

Why were you banned?: From my knowledge of the situation, I'm not 100% sure. So DrKitten or gada could please clarify if I missed anything. Although so far what I got is:
1. Pressure a CT to Freekill
2. Camping MS
3. Turning obby damage on for no reason

Why should you be unbanned?: 1. Pressure a CT to Freekill. I take full responsibility for this situation now I've looked back at it. At the time I was unaware and thought that was his throw, and he was about to pull the classic server 2 move and pick the Deagle back up and throw again. This was my fault.

2. I could be wrong, but from my knowledge or at least when I used to play, being in a hallway or a teleport area of a map secret was never worthy of a 7d ban. Even if that was 100% of a rule and there was no leeway on it, I only killed one rebelling T. In my experience from my shit staffing ability if a CT did that it would be a slay swap at most.

3. There was a reason why obby damage was turned on, and the reason was that was part of the game. Got no idea why that was a ban reason could be a mistake or I am misinterpreting it.

If I could get a better explanation for why I was banned that would be great, the most I got was the information that Subi had sent me and that is above. Anything I missed please mention so I can explain my side of the story.

RE: 0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - Sevendays - 12-03-2020

Just saying, if it is a CTBan, why would you post your discord ID rather than your steam ID?

RE: 0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - cru^ - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 08:04 PM)Itegami Wrote: Just saying, if it is a CTBan, why would you post your discord ID rather than your steam ID?
STEAM_1:0:169471099

RE: 0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - DrKittens - 12-03-2020

Hi Cru,

Thanks for taking responsibility for the freekill against the T who was LR-ing, I can understand how some situations can be confusing when people required certain rulesets.

Regarding Issue 2, It seems painfully obvious you were camping the exit to the area in question. Looking at the demo, you were camping the area with no vision of the elevator area even whilst jumping. I understand that rules may have changed since you were a staff member, but during the open day a fellow CT warned you about being there as they were previously been told by an admin. Usually when a fellow CT warns you that you should NOT be there would be a good sign to vacate the area. You continued to kill the Ts as soon as he teleported and moved back to the same position after falling off. Following on from Rule 39 “CTs are not allowed to use/activate map secrets at all, even to enter secret rooms or secret areas”, it seems obvious to me that camping the exit of a teleportation area would be considering camping a secret area, but I’d like this to be formally decided by the Staff Member who will determine the fate of this appeal.

Lastly, the issue I have with the activation of obby was it being overly Nazi for the game at hand, besides having the Ts take extra damage there would be no reason to activate the damage of the obby. Even the person who did receive LR took damage from the game, my issue with this was that it was something that could have easily been avoided. Usually when the damage is activated, a person has already completed the game and would not be taking damage for the game. This was not a large component of the ban; it was mainly from the above detailed in Issue 2. For me personally, this also applied to the gun-check to determine who won the reserve mag guess, the purpose of guncheck is to determine whether Ts have a weapon and isn't a movment check to making killing them easier. I understand that from you may see things a little differently, but it's important to understand that we have rules against making Ts "AFK Freeze" which shouldn't be counteracted with a guncheck. 

When you click on the CT-role at that little loading screen you need to take responsibility for the actions you do. I understand rules and processes may be a little different from when you were a staff member, but it’s important that things like camping certain areas be punished where necessary as it defeats the purpose of them even existing.

Regards,

DrKittens

RE: 0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - cru^ - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 08:56 PM)DrKittens Wrote: Hi Cru,

Thanks for taking responsibility for the freekill against the T who was LR-ing, I can understand how some situations can be confusing when people required certain rulesets.

Regarding Issue 2, It seems painfully obvious you were camping the exit to the area in question. Looking at the demo, you were camping the area with no vision of the elevator area even whilst jumping. I understand that rules may have changed since you were a staff member, but during the open day a fellow CT warned you about being there as they were previously been told by an admin. Usually when a fellow CT warns you that you should NOT be there would be a good sign to vacate the area. You continued to kill the Ts as soon as he teleported and moved back to the same position after falling off. Following on from Rule 39 “CTs are not allowed to use/activate map secrets at all, even to enter secret rooms or secret areas”, it seems obvious to me that camping the exit of a teleportation area would be considering camping a secret area, but I’d like this to be formally decided by the Staff Member who will determine the fate of this appeal.

Lastly, the issue I have with the activation of obby was it being overly Nazi for the game at hand, besides having the Ts take extra damage there would be no reason to activate the damage of the obby. Even the person who did receive LR took damage from the game, my issue with this was that it was something that could have easily been avoided. Usually when the damage is activated, a person has already completed the game and would not be taking damage for the game. This was not a large component of the ban; it was mainly from the above detailed in Issue 2. For me personally, this also applied to the gun-check to determine who won the reserve mag guess, the purpose of guncheck is to determine whether Ts have a weapon and isn't a movment check to making killing them easier. I understand that from you may see things a little differently, but it's important to understand that we have rules against making Ts "AFK Freeze" which shouldn't be counteracted with a guncheck. 

When you click on the CT-role at that little loading screen you need to take responsibility for the actions you do. I understand rules and processes may be a little different from when you were a staff member, but it’s important that things like camping certain areas be punished where necessary as it defeats the purpose of them even existing.

Regards,

DrKittens
Sweet, appreciate the really good explanation. You can close the appeal now btw, I don't need to hear gada response he is the biggest retard to log onto DS.

RE: 0. (cru#0565) | Unban Request - Jas8621 - 12-03-2020

Camping map secrets has never been allowed. You are ex-staff with a better understanding of the ruleset then most players. It is time you start acting like it.
DENIED
Closed