Oceanic Servers
Why isn't talent day banned? - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Why isn't talent day banned? (/showthread.php?tid=2195)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Why isn't talent day banned? - cru^ - 09-03-2020

List of reasons for why talent day should be banned:

- CT’s use it do it to get easy rounds. No skill required, send them into an enclosed area e.g cage. Have all CT’s looking at one exit and there is not a chance t’s can rebel.

- Blatant favouritism. The number of times that I have seen one individual do a talent first and be killed/voted off. Then a different individual that may be more known or be more liked on the server and live is ridiculous, a number of other games like this have been banned in the past. Why hasn’t this one?

- It is boring as bats shit. Standing still as a terrorist in an enclosed area unable to bhop around, move or do anything but observe the enclosed surrounding, to only have a few seconds of fame before you are asked to stand still and be shot in the head for no other reason other than some retarded favouritism. 

- 3 CT rule. Not sure about server 1 although as I mainly play server 2 these days there isn’t as much pop as server 1. Some CT’s don’t really get the whole 3 CT rule when voting and you will often see 2 or even 1 CT play talent day. This of cause is unfair and a really easy rule to break as it isn’t easily enforceable. 

- New players have zero chance. It is always good to have new players joining Jailbreak. Although they will often be handed the short straw when it comes to games. Massive example again is Talent Day, they have absolutely no chance when it comes to this game, I can speak first hand as I play on a lot of alts that people are unaware of, I can assure you I have never even gotten a vote simply due to the fact that I am not a known player. This is a really bad first impression if you are greeted to DS in this way.

- Unoriginal. Can't stress how unoriginal this game is. It’s at least played twice a map on server 2 and is hated by everyone except the CT’s that are getting an easy round as well as a small majority of t’s that are awful at the game and need to to have a chance of getting LR.

- No Skill involved. Jailbreak is a game mode where t’s are put through a series of challenges (not talent day) to either win because they did the best at that certain game mode, or rebel by killing CT’s. You want to encourage the player to get better and become more competitive, going through games of favouritism which is basically a popularity test has no skill and doesn’t give t’s a motive to improve.

These were just some points I could be bothered coming up with. Game is stupid. The main point is obviously that it is just blatant favouritism and CT’s literally have the option to pick and chose who they want alive which in my opinion just isn’t how Jailbreak should be played. Every other game with this same sort of concept of favouritism has been banned so why hasn’t this? Thanks for the read lads sorry for the long rant but I just hate the fucking game.

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - Casper - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 09:09 PM)cru^ Wrote:

- CT’s use it do it to get easy rounds. No skill required, send them into an enclosed area e.g cage. Have all CT’s looking at one exit and there is not a chance t’s can rebel.

- Blatant favouritism. The number of times that I have seen one individual do a talent first and be killed/voted off. Then a different individual that may be more known or be more liked on the server and live is ridiculous, a number of other games like this have been banned in the past. Why hasn’t this one?

- It is boring as bats shit. Standing still as a terrorist in an enclosed area unable to bhop around, move or do anything but observe the enclosed surrounding, to only have a few seconds of fame before you are asked to stand still and be shot in the head for no other reason other than some retarded favouritism. 

- 3 CT rule. Not sure about server 1 although as I mainly play server 2 these days there isn’t as much pop as server 1. Some CT’s don’t really get the whole 3 CT rule when voting and you will often see 2 or even 1 CT play talent day. This of cause is unfair and a really easy rule to break as it isn’t easily enforceable. 

- New players have zero chance. It is always good to have new players joining Jailbreak. Although they will often be handed the short straw when it comes to games. Massive example again is Talent Day, they have absolutely no chance when it comes to this game, I can speak first hand as I play on a lot of alts that people are unaware of, I can assure you I have never even gotten a vote simply due to the fact that I am not a known player. This is a really bad first impression if you are greeted to DS in this way.

- Unoriginal. Can't stress how unoriginal this game is. It’s at least played twice a map on server 2 and is hated by everyone except the CT’s that are getting an easy round as well as a small majority of t’s that are awful at the game and need to to have a chance of getting LR.

- No Skill involved. Jailbreak is a game mode where t’s are put through a series of challenges (not talent day) to either win because they did the best at that certain game mode, or rebel by killing CT’s. You want to encourage the player to get better and become more competitive, going through games of favouritism which is basically a popularity test has no skill and doesn’t give t’s a motive to improve.

These were just some points I could be bothered coming up with. Game is stupid. The main point is obviously that it is just blatant favouritism and CT’s literally have the option to pick and chose who they want alive which in my opinion just isn’t how Jailbreak should be played. Every other game with this same sort of concept of favouritism has been banned so why hasn’t this? Thanks for the read lads sorry for the long rant but I just hate the fucking game.

Great points made would like to see this added to the banned games list

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - dick smith - 09-03-2020

someone lost talent day kekw

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - gada - 09-03-2020

Damn, a creative game played twice a map. That really sucks man.
You complain about people breaking the rules while you put in literally no effort to get the players punished.

Honestly I’ve seen you warden, ur a nazi who plays shitty jump games. I would rather do a talent day 5 times a map then have to play with you as warden 5 times. This also contradicts ur statement of “new players having no chance” as you seem to like to fuck new players in the ass with hard jump games just to kill 10-20 ts.

I used to call talent day a favouritism game too, but it’s the only game that actually promotes originality and creativity. It’s games like that which make the server enjoyable. I’ve seen many new players survive talent day, it certainly isn’t impossible. What is impossible is getting new players to perform incredibly difficult jumps.

Quote: I can speak first hand as I play on a lot of alts that people are unaware of, I can assure you I have never even gotten a vote simply due to the fact that I am not a known player. This is a really bad first impression if you are greeted to DS in this way.
Sounds like ur just shit at talent days

Talent days are fun games that promote creativity and just because you seem to think that since S2 doesn’t always have perfect talent days mean the game mode should be removed entirely; you shoved your toothbrush too far up your ass.

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - Zamma - 09-03-2020

Should this go through, can this apply to all the voting games that any ct can make up (eg singing day, pickup line day etc)?

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - hell - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 09:09 PM)cru^ Wrote:

+1 shit game

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - cru^ - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 09:20 PM)gada Wrote: Damn, a creative game played twice a map. That really sucks man.
You complain about people breaking the rules while you put in literally no effort to get the players punished.

Honestly I’ve seen you warden, ur a nazi who plays shitty jump games. I would rather do a talent day 5 times a map then have to play with you as warden 5 times. This also contradicts ur statement of “new players having no chance” as you seem to like to fuck new players in the ass with hard jump games just to kill 10-20 ts.

I used to call talent day a favouritism game too, but it’s the only game that actually promotes originality and creativity. It’s games like that which make the server enjoyable. I’ve seen many new players survive talent day, it certainly isn’t impossible. What is impossible is getting new players to perform incredibly difficult jumps.
Quote:I can speak first hand as I play on a lot of alts that people are unaware of, I can assure you I have never even gotten a vote simply due to the fact that I am not a known player. This is a really bad first impression if you are greeted to DS in this way.
Sounds like ur just shit at talent days

Talent days are fun games that promote creativity and just because you seem to think that since S2 doesn’t always have perfect talent days mean the game mode should be removed entirely; you shoved your toothbrush too far up your ass.
No idea why you're post was more about your dislike for me rather than the topic, should show a little more professionalism now you a Admin, don't embarrass the rest of your staff team that knows how you res t's at the start of the round.

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - ONIONZZZ - 09-03-2020

This thread is blasphemous against the honour of JB.

Jesus, imagine whinging about creative games. How about I make a plugin !game where it spawns a shitty premade random game for you so you can pretend JB is even remotely fair (it’s not by the way, that’s why it’s fun)

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - cru^ - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 09:31 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: This thread is blasphemous against the honour of JB.

Jesus, imagine whinging about creative games. How about I make a plugin !game where it spawns a shitty premade random game for you so you can pretend JB is even remotely fair (it’s not by the way, that’s why it’s fun)

In that case, if you truely believe that. Bring back games like Simon Says. Which is a way more fair game compared to Talent Day? Atleast some sort of skill is involved and t's aren't just killed because of favouritsm.

RE: Why isn't talent day banned? - quaddeh - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 09:40 PM)cru^ Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 09:31 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: This thread is blasphemous against the honour of JB.

In that case, if you truely believe that. Bring back games like Simon Says. Which is a way more fair game compared to Talent Day? Atleast some sort of skill is involved and t's aren't just killed because of favouritsm.
He do be speakin' facts