Oceanic Servers
Ben Jerry (STEAM_1:1:211724199) | Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Ben Jerry (STEAM_1:1:211724199) | Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=1989)

Ben Jerry (STEAM_1:1:211724199) | Unban Request - I'm 13 and I juul - 21-01-2020

Name: Ben Jerry

SteamID or Discord ID: STEAM_1:1:211724199

Type of Ban: CTBan

Which Server?: Jailbreak #1

Why were you banned?: I have been permanently ctbanned on Jailbreak. I was perm ctbanned because of numerous and consecutive "normal" ct bans. (such bans varied from 30 days to 7 days) I believe I had racked up about 13 or 14 ct bans on my record, thus the final one resulting in a permanent period of banishment. Overall my permanent ban was because of countless situations of irresponsibility and defiance. The 13 or 14 so bans leading up to the final permanent ct ban were exactly this, jeopardising the round for my own team and deliberately causing mischief. Of course, the specifics have since been lost on me, (I believe I had numerous bans relating to mass freekills and gunplants etc.) but permanently ban im appealing is the permanent one, which is basically a summary of these all plus other.

Why should you be unbanned?: Firstly, I would like to show a quote from popularised movie: "The Shawshank Redemption." Feel free to skim along it at your will:

"Not a day goes by I don't feel regret, and not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on myself the way I was...stupid kid who did that terrible crime...wish I could talk sense to him. Tell him how things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone, this old man is all that's left, and I have to live with that."

Now the reason I put forward this quote is to emphasise the nature of a permanent ct ban, in particular my current ct ban.

In short, the reason I have been permanently ct banned on jailbreak is because of my continous and overall destruction I cause to the server. After the 13 bans that had been inflicted on me, I continued to show no remorse, and kept breaking the rules, and thus resulting in another ban. I am unsure of the protocol the admins have about permanent ct bans, but I believe after seeing someone break the rules so many times they finally have enough judgment to rule them as permanently banned.

Am I rehabilitated? Sure, you could say that. I could say that. But is that what you want to hear? I could've just said I was rehabilitated the previous 13 times, and you can see how that ended.

A permanent ct ban is similar to something of the "Death Sentence" in real life. Of course, I am not implying that being ct banned on a video game built upon interactions with other people is as EXTREME as the death sentence. I am just pointing out the "technical" similarities.

When a criminal commits crimes so heinous, and ends such a mass amount of lives, they should expect the death sentence. Right? It seems as easy as that doesn't it? But it's not. Only 58/195 countries have the death penalty in place. In Australia, it has been debated heavily yet to no appeal. The death penalty will stay out.

These Criminals are offered an opportunity to be remorseful and to show empathy for what they did. They will not receive the death sentence, only a maximum sentence in prison. And thus, that is where I come in. A worn out prisoner, serving his sentence behind bars. Tragic, Right? Yet there is something else...

"Parole is the early release of a prisoner who agrees to abide by certain conditions" - Wikipedia

Parole! I am seeking parole! Perhaps the permanent ct ban was in place for reason, and I agree greatly. But as a hardened criminal I am simply holding onto a glimpse of hope, parole. This is where the shawshank redemption quote I shared earlier comes back into play. I am showing my remorse. I am repenting my sins! Oh gracious god free me from this hell!!!!!

Alas, the end of my unban request. I am sorry for rambling on about politics and philosophy. I do hope you have spent amble time reading over this, seeing my sense in the matter. I have been permanently banned for a great deal of time now, and EVEN THOUGH THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF A "PERMANENT" BAN, I hope you can empathise with my remorse. Perhaps we can consider an arrangement of some sort of circumstances, such as the "parole" definition states.

Thank you for your time loyal admin. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Ben Jerry

(P.S APOLOGIES FOR THE LENGTH AND TYPOS)

RE: Ben Jerry (STEAM_1:1:211724199) | Unban Request - Turtle - 24-01-2020

accepted.
i will reduce the ban to expire from a week from now.