Oceanic Servers
Zonical Complaint - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Staff complaints (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Zonical Complaint (/showthread.php?tid=1846)

Zonical Complaint - Spooky Killa - 21-12-2019

Admins name: Zonical
Time of incident: 2019/12/21 12:24:02 
Map: ba_jail_ds_subtropical

Evidence: Round 9 (2-6) on subtropical from the demo download section. I have kept a backup of the entire match just in case. 

Details of the incident: Zonical basically abused the kill cam command in order to avoid dying from a smoke that I threw on to him, which would have caused him to die, because I followed the single smoke with a diversion nade to stick him into the smoke longer. He "fixes" the issue by slapping himself 80HP and claims that I would not have killed him. Demo speaks for its self about the entire situation, but this is a rough run down.. 
At the beginning of the round I stated that I would be smoking the obstacle boys and that I am going to smoke Zonical to be specific.
@ 8:30 I VIP my nades in and prepare for my kill, I must have been typing in T chat as I can’t see them in the demo, unsure how that works. But I have spotted him through the names and locked target.
 @ 7:37 I throw my smoke in order to stick him. Zonical can be seen slashing his knife and talking in the Mic, I then lurk around with my second nade at the ready.
@7:26 I stick the second nade and you can see Zonical go into Kill Cam to avoid his death. I then am trying to figure out if what I have witnessed was the true cause of his escape from death
@7:00 you can hear me questioning over microphone about this issue, I generally assumed he teleported himself instead of kill cam abused. . I continue to go to admin chat, in his response was that “I was doing admin things and have to inspect the kill”
@6:34 you can see Zonical playing climb with 20 health,
@6:11 you can listen to the conversation going on between myself and Zonical claiming that I did not double nade him in the smoke.
The true issue behind my reason for this post is obviously the blatant abuse of admin commands in order to avoid death, but the consistent abuse of admin commands over the duration of his approval to trial mod. I’ve seen more “admining/moderating” of events that affect his own gameplay rather than other people within the server. Setting his own health, re-spawning himself, slaying people that kill him etc., in with what I can interpret as a biased judgment. If this was the first time I had witnessed Zonical do something such as this manner, I wouldn’t of made it into a post as I have now, but after a multitude of issues regarding similar problems, I no longer see this as an innocent mistake, but a malicious attempt to continue to play in the round.

Thank you for reading,
- Spooky.

RE: Zonical Complaint - Jas8621 - 22-12-2019

Thank you for your patience Spooky.
After reviewing this case in detail from the demo's to comparing with recorded logs of both chat and admin commands we have Decided that this was a case of unfortunate timing and not a case of malicious abuse of power on Zonical's behalf.
To show due diligence I shall provide all the evidence upon which we have made our judgment.
Firstly I used the information you provided with locate and record a clip of the round in question posted below:

In this clip we can see that everything you stated in your original post was correct so this was a matter of determining Intent.
To decide if Zonical had intended to purposfully use his Kill Cam command to avoid death we needed to pull the command logs and compare them against the admin chat logs to see if he was really responding to a freekill claim or not.
[Image: 6e9e9c67b4.png]

This is the Admin chat messages that were sent to the staff currently on the server. Please note that all Logged times are based in Local QLD time not linked to the server time.
From this we can see that at 12:54:15 A+ sent his first message to admin chat regarding a potential freekill.

[Image: 6715574615.png]

At 12:54:28 Only 13 seconds after the first Message had been sent Zonical activated his first KC command. This was the time in which he had allegedly Abused his power by using KC to avoid death.

As a whole our staff are trained to prioritise thier staffing duties over their own gameplay. Keeping in line with the staff teams philosophy we deemed that a 13 second response time to a freekill claim is an appropriate timeframe for Zonical to have had before first responding and dealing with the potential freekill.
Proceeding the KC he then slapped himself for the damage he was likely to take had he escaped from the smoke which again is the correct course of action.
We also deemed that he did not use KC re-actively following your second nade as tbh he's not smart enough to do so lmao.

In hindsight after speaking with Zonical he did admit that he should have waited to escape the smoke before responding to the Freekill claim but wasn't thinking of that at the time and just wanted to help out in the moment.

Overall we do not belive this to be a case of abuse of power therefore Zonical has not been punished for his actions. However we have spoken to him about this situation so in future he will know to wait until he is in no danger before dealing with a freekill claim to avoid this situation occuring in future. While I do realise you and Zonical have had beef in the past and possibly still do remember that Zonical and the whole staff team are humans and not perfect we do make mistakes but that does not immediately mean they are acting maliciously. 

Thank you anyways.