Oceanic Servers
New colour banner idea - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Graphics & Media (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Graphics (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New colour banner idea (/showthread.php?tid=1602)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New colour banner idea - Counter - 13-10-2019

So just an update on all this, ditched the map banner idea for now unless it gets picked up for newer/updated maps and people like it enough

Instead, did all the radar screens instead, these obviously aren't what you see in game, only when you load in

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: 20191013152322_1.jpg]

RE: New colour banner idea - Dash - 15-10-2019

(13-10-2019, 10:42 AM)Anthonyy Wrote: Those coloured banners have been apart of our JB community for years. Don't see why we should change them. They showcase the map, give credit to the map makers and editors and they are a universal icon that most of our players can identify. They are also apart of our history. If we were to change it we would have to edit each and every map, compile and do all the time taking business. Not worth taking that time to change something that doesn't need to change. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

he be spittin str8 fax

RE: New colour banner idea - quaddeh - 15-10-2019

yeah dash youre a real og jailbreak player

RE: New colour banner idea - Anthonyy - 15-10-2019

(13-10-2019, 01:07 PM)Counter Wrote:
(13-10-2019, 10:42 AM)Anthonyy Wrote: Those coloured banners have been apart of our JB community for years. Don't see why we should change them. They showcase the map, give credit to the map makers and editors and they are a universal icon that most of our players can identify. They are also apart of our history. If we were to change it we would have to edit each and every map, compile and do all the time taking business. Not worth taking that time to change something that doesn't need to change. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

If they were approved it would only be for newer/updated maps and it wouldn't be priority to go through every one of them and update. But at this stage, the radar image idea is what people liked the most and that's what im focusing on.

I know you've said you won't be making coloured banners anymore but I'd like to say we keep all our maps consistent with the coloured banners style. They all look the exact same just with the appropriate image/information. If we were to change the style of one, we'd have to change the style for them all.

RE: New colour banner idea - Counter - 15-10-2019

(15-10-2019, 02:55 PM)Anthonyy Wrote: I know you've said you won't be making coloured banners anymore but I'd like to say we keep all our maps consistent with the coloured banners style. They all look the exact same just with the appropriate image/information. If we were to change the style of one, we'd have to change the style for them all.

Yes exactly, hence why any update of this scale would have to be simultaneous but I think everyone can agree it's extremely low to no priority and that's why it would be dumb of me to waste resources on that. Radar images still have to be pushed out with gradual updates but they can be self installed by users (just not right now because I need to sort something out)

RE: New colour banner idea - Jeromy - 18-10-2019

I do think the colour banners should remain, however, the new load screen images are a really cool idea, right now, for me it's just the default csgo image, I think updating them to these could make it look more professional and a smoother experience for new users.

RE: New colour banner idea - ChewBaker - 19-10-2019

This `would` also mean every time someone created a new map they need to be able to recreate this, even if you are willing to support this it makes it harder.

I know the it was brought up in da cave that the proposed coloured banners looked more like a loading screen radar hence triggering you changing what it's meant to be, This changing ideas it feels like you have a solution and now you trying to create a problem to use your solution on. Not always a negative but a complication and usually results in something some S2 spec stuff.

Setting that aside you could always release them as materials to be put on DS maps.