Oceanic Servers
New colour banner idea - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Graphics & Media (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Graphics (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New colour banner idea (/showthread.php?tid=1602)

Pages: 1 2

New colour banner idea - Counter - 12-10-2019

It doesn't make much sense to showcase the postcard design with TTT in mind since the server is barely played, but I think the colour banner is slightly outdated.

[Image: e4wigFd.jpg]

The main gripe I have is the heavy skeuomorphic design that seems reminiscent of 2011 along with two server URL's. I think this design has been around since BG or something. I don't know. So I was thinking, the post card idea would look better.

I've tweaked it a bit and didn't go as heavy with the paper effect, I made 3 examples to show, tell me what you think
[Image: JWmFSQv.jpg][Image: bHxllCT.jpg][Image: 5kYu2Oh.jpg]

alternatively, if replacing the colour banners are a pain in the ass, the radar loading image could be used instead, tho i have no idea how this would work

without border
[Image: lpAaDmD.jpg]

with border
[Image: bL5Bq7S.jpg]

RE: New colour banner idea - Zamma - 12-10-2019

nah cos then u cant send them to map by hyphen, there isnt enough room

RE: New colour banner idea - ZoNiCaL - 13-10-2019

+1.

Saw Counter making them yesterday, really well designed, and the banners could use a new look.

RE: New colour banner idea - Luck - 13-10-2019

tbh i dont have the patience to redownload every single map

RE: New colour banner idea - Anthonyy - 13-10-2019

Those coloured banners have been apart of our JB community for years. Don't see why we should change them. They showcase the map, give credit to the map makers and editors and they are a universal icon that most of our players can identify. They are also apart of our history. If we were to change it we would have to edit each and every map, compile and do all the time taking business. Not worth taking that time to change something that doesn't need to change. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

RE: New colour banner idea - Counter - 13-10-2019

(13-10-2019, 10:42 AM)Anthonyy Wrote: Those coloured banners have been apart of our JB community for years. Don't see why we should change them. They showcase the map, give credit to the map makers and editors and they are a universal icon that most of our players can identify. They are also apart of our history. If we were to change it we would have to edit each and every map, compile and do all the time taking business. Not worth taking that time to change something that doesn't need to change. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

If they were approved it would only be for newer/updated maps and it wouldn't be priority to go through every one of them and update. But at this stage, the radar image idea is what people liked the most and that's what im focusing on.

RE: New colour banner idea - PMartian - 13-10-2019

greetings from your mums house

RE: New colour banner idea - Counter - 13-10-2019

[Image: 6dDmCRL.jpg]

Here's what it looks like when you load in

RE: New colour banner idea - dotx - 13-10-2019

sick af map banners. +1 this whole heartedly!

RE: New colour banner idea - MaX-PaiN#Nice - 13-10-2019

Decompile and recompile x 15

Probably won't happen.