Oceanic Servers
Yum Candy unprofessional conduct - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Ban and Unban Requests (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Staff complaints (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Yum Candy unprofessional conduct (/showthread.php?tid=1576)

Yum Candy unprofessional conduct - Counter - 08-10-2019

Admins name : Yum Candy

Time of incident : late 11pm/early 12am Queesnland Time

Evidence : Demo file "demo-20191007_224920-ba_jail_ds_canyondam_v7" round: 3-3

Details of the incident : 

I'm going to start off by saying that I have respect for Candy and often hate the memes and other unnecessary targetted shit directed towards her, whether she deserves it or not sometimes I think it does go a step too far. This app isn't to add any fuel onto that fire and I have no intention of wanting to spark anything of the sort. I just think the behaviour and actions demonstrated by Candy was inappropriate, unfair and unprofessional.

Backstory:
I was wardening on round 3-3 of Canyondam and decided to play elevator race. The round was already delayed a fair bit with a smoke grenade going off and some minor micspam. Added on was my fatigue and possibly fatigue of other players including the CTs. When elevator race started, everything was going according to plan.

I never stated about what was going to happen to those still in the lift when it was called down but after speaking to another admin, the usual procedure is to kill whoever is still in the lift. I cannot recall ever witnessing this or participating in massying anyone in the lift as again I never stated at the beginning what was going to happen.

Clubby joked about massying those in the lift to practice for "Massyween" in which Nayeon took seriously, again I was oblivious to the procedure of what to do with T's in the lift and I assumed it was a joke. When the lift came down, Nayeon threw a Molotov killing 3 T's in which I immediately protested and asked why he did that. Clubby also was in close proximity to the lift as the fire dissipated which I took as him baiting.

Candy was active during this and was a T, but she didn't intervene or say anything for about 3-5 seconds (maybe more maybe less but to me it felt like a significant amount of time for action). Instead of rolling back the round, she respawned the 3 slain T's and slayed Nayeon for punishment. However, later on she says that Clubby was responsible for the massy and doesn't slay. Despite protest in the chat for a rollback, they were ignored. My round was significantly screwed up due to the lack of action.

After all this, I was slayed for favourtism by Candy for an unrelated matter that I won't go into because Candy and I worked it out on VC. However, after this debate was settled I asked her to inform an admin or senior admin about the incident tonight involving Clubby and Nayeon as Candy doesn't have the CTban flag. Candy said she wasn't going to because she didn't feel it was significant enough however I said a massy occurred and should be dealt with accordingly. After repeatability telling her to take this up internally before I do as I worried me posting a ban request would look bad for her, she told me to post it and that she doesn't really care if she gets demoted "everybody is leaving anyway".

I found this lack of motivation to deal with this to be alarming and unprofessional. Regardless if this server is made for fun, moderators should still take events like this seriously especially when there's a strong possibility of a user posting a ban request for tonight's incident, whether that be me or someone else.

I believe the conduct shown by Candy was inappropriate and that her failure to rollback the round put me at an unfair disadvantaged as I was now trying to figure out on the fly on what to do with what had just happened. Whether or not Clubby and Nayeon massyed is up for debate as usually the guidelines are 3+ but still, choosing to not speak about this internally within either the Discord or forums was to me disappointing and demonstrated an unprofessional decision.

That's all I have to say, thanks.

RE: Yum Candy unprofessional conduct - Turtle - 08-10-2019

This complaint is based around instead of candy rollingback, respawning ts who were killed? How did this significantly disadvantage CTs and delay the round compared to a rollback?

RE: Yum Candy unprofessional conduct - Counter - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 01:46 AM)Turtle Wrote: This complaint is based around instead of candy rollingback, respawning ts who were killed? How did this significantly disadvantage CTs and delay the round compared to a rollback?

A rollback would of allowed me to make a comprehensive decision on what to do with any T's remaining in the elevator, it would of also allowed me and the other CT's to travel upside to progress the round. Instead, due to the confusion with what was going on, I had to send the remaining survivor to medic and cancel whatever future orders/activities I had for those who survived

The complaint though isn't based solely around this, it's around Candy's unprofessional stance towards handling this herself as a mod instead of a regular player on the server who has no authority. Discussing what happened internally would of allowed Candy to save face and see the 2 offenders possibly banned which in turn would of likely positioned her to finally moving up to admin. Instead she sat back and told me to do it as if she couldn't care less if she was demoted or not.

RE: Yum Candy unprofessional conduct - ChewBaker - 08-10-2019

Here is a video of the incident in question: https://youtu.be/nzj4lK2SyJk

RE: Yum Candy unprofessional conduct - Anthonyy - 08-10-2019

Counter, thank you for submitting this staff complaint. I'd like to start off by saying the round wasn't delayed because candy decided to respawn instead of /rollbacking. The round was delayed because you let your team mates kill the Ts that came down the elevator. First thing we noticed when watching the demo was that you had multiple opportunities to say "Don't kill the Ts who come down the elevator". Your fellow CTs were talking about killing the Ts, that should of been a red flag and a perfect opportunity to tell them to not kill the Ts. Instead you wait until last minute to do so, which by then Nayeon was already prepared to kill them. You mention that Candy didn't act for 3-5 seconds after the mass killing went on. As a staff member you must be aware of what is happening at all times. You think 3-5 seconds is too long. I disagree. I respect Candy for acting as quickly as she did. She prevented anymore killing from her swift actions and most importantly she was aware of what was happening on the server. She then respawned the three Ts that were freekilled and offered to bring them upstairs. Respawning was the best action in this situation as there was many factors that could mess with the rollback such as issues like Ts getting stuck in the floor/ceiling, let me remind you they had just came down the elevator. Any rollback over a few seconds would of glitched Ts inside the roof of the elevator or even on top of it. The situation was handle correctly by Candy and resulted in everyone being happy, except you. Not sure if you were upset because your round wasn't "100% win rate perfect" or because you didn't get to see anyone getting CTBanned, which is clearly a turn on for you. Admin discretion is a big factor that admins must take in. Candy didn't CTBan anyone because she believed it wasn't necessary for a punishment that harsh. Nowhere in that round did I witness any inappropriate, unfair and unprofessional behavior from Candy. 

Now for the "unfair slay". You were slayed for playing a game in a way that it was unfair for the Ts. When playing Simpson Shootout you must make sure everyone has the same amount of turns, and if that's not possible you must make it fair by playing other games such as Eye Spy. You played it unfairly by getting the winner of each round to verse the next person down on the leaderboard. Doing it this way would of meant that the first T on the leaderboard would of had to win a minimum of 7 rounds of Simpson Shootout, while the last T on the leaderboard would of only had to win 1. Completely unfair. Favouritism was shown to the last T on the leaderboard as he would of had an easy journey to LR. Candy said she messaged you to tell you to not do it that way. You were slayed because you either didn't see the message, or saw it and chose to ignore it. Either way the slay was reasonable.

If you believe I've missed anything or disagree with me feel free to message me on discord. Other than that this thread is closed.