Oceanic Servers
Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Mapping (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Corrupted - A map based on Corruption (/showthread.php?tid=1386)

Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - Counter - 21-08-2019

Hey guys,

So ages ago when I was apart of Trident-Gaming/Aus-GF, I was working on my own take on the jailbreak map, Corruption, which seems to have vanished.

There's two things tho, one - the map is fully built (but needs more shit to do) but two - it was ported back and forth between CS:S, CS:GO then back to CS:S (because Aus-GF at the time wanted to bring back a nostalgia JB server that never came into fruition).

Here are some pictures of the CS:S version which was called Remix

[Image: Ihf9aJ0.jpg]
[Image: 6BBntx1.jpg]
[Image: GmZkO83.jpg]
[Image: esY3eAU.jpg]

(Note: the hole in the wall at backyard entrance is destructible and doesn't look like that by default)
(Also sorry for the large images, I have a 4k monitor lmao)

Here's the old radar image
[Image: jb_corrupted_remix_CT_radar.png]
Features:
  • Scout Tower Destruction - Shooting any of the pillars holding up Scout Tower causes a part of it to collapse. Useful to quell rebelling T's, kill CT's inside of it or make them fall onto the ground in order to get out of the tower
  • Soccer/Football, Kitchen, Pub/Disco etc standard shit you expect in a JB map
  • A fun exclusive map game called "Death Alley" which is something the admins will need to know how it works, basically, T's enter gun room, load up and attempt to kill as many CT's in the alley as possible. This used to be a favourite game back in TG/Aus-GF days but will likely happen during freeday anyway

So a few things that are going to be addressed, fixed, remedied etc:
  • Soccer to be multi purpose (Football + Dodgeball)
  • Cafe/Kitchen to be totally remade in the style of a typical DS JB Kitchen map
  • Pub to be remade Disco and not be an empty space that it is atm
  • Vent, which currently connects soon-to-be Disco with Gun Room, Cells and Kitchen to be shortened. The vent will start instead at T vent cell with the Disco vent being hidden and extremely hard to break
  • Currently, vent has a few laser trip detectors which means that if a T (or CT) runs through them, the gun room closes. Gun room can only be open from the inside. This will likely be removed depending on feedback.
  • Destruction may be disabled depending on whether or not the server lags with it. Currently, all pillars are hard to break.
  • On the note of destruction with the Scout Tower, with the first pillar destroyed your range in Scout Tower decreases a bit but not enough to render it useless
  • Scout Tower's entrance is right now a breakable door, the plan is to change that and instead make it pass through for CT's only and a hole in the wall for T's
  • Door to medic to be removed
  • Cells are incredibly tiny and depending on feedback will likely left like that or the walls between some cells deleted to make them bigger
  • The breakable part between backyard and cell block has two hidden awps and a hidden teleporter that I forgot where I placed, so this area will likely be a map secret
  • Backyard will have more games and I'll likely try and put a new block in with all that free space between cell block and disco
  • Yes of course the map is plain, it's in CS:S
  • Middle Cage has a hidden compartment that has a bunch of shit like smokes, flash's and grenades which was in the original copy. I'll likely nerf what's in there or create another pathway to vents, but regardless it'll be a lot harder to destruct
  • Middle Cage will also have more things inside of it, you can also climb on top of the cage so ill add some bhop stuff
  • Middle Cage (the third point) is big enough for boxing, but that depends on testing
  • Since Medic is all the way in the backyard, I may add an infirmary spray somewhere as a secondary medic probably in cell block
Okay that's enough of what needs to be fixed.

I'll use this thread to add development and any other interesting shit.

Cheers.

RE: Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - Anthonyy - 21-08-2019

Good luck mate
If you haven't already check out this forum post https://forums.dominationservers.com/showthread.php?tid=1368

RE: Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - quaddeh - 21-08-2019

Looking forward to see how this goes, good luck.

RE: Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - Garfield - 21-08-2019

Good luck with ur map, looking good!!

RE: Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - J Breakfast - 21-08-2019

didnt you massy on server 1
haha gottem Pranked

RE: Corrupted - A map based on Corruption - Counter - 21-08-2019

Also for reference, this the CS:GO version but it's a year older and is not the current version im working from

[Image: LCkVwep.jpg]
[Image: XlHLpbr.jpg]
[Image: oDVrJLE.jpg]
[Image: rV6ncpq.jpg]
[Image: kG747nE.jpg]