Oceanic Servers
jb_lawyered - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Mapping (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: jb_lawyered (/showthread.php?tid=1350)

Pages: 1 2

jb_lawyered - apprehends - 07-08-2019

Whats up big dogs of Domination. I have plenty of experience in Jailbreak, just not recent. I am gonna be working on a map and I want this to be a community-driven map. I am happy to take suggestions and add what you guys wanna see. This isn't my first ring-around with maps. Here's what we are starting with lads, throw them suggestions at me for a chance to have them added.
[Image: 4isbSrg.jpg]

RE: jb_lawyered - Jas8621 - 07-08-2019

If you are planing on making a map to potentially be put into our rotation i strongly suggest that you spend a good solid amount of time learning about our particular style as it is very one of a kind compared to that of other more Americanized Jailbreak styles.

The whole essence of Domination servers jailbreak is based off of the MIA ,XJB and Freedom Gamers ruleset which allows for a much more free terrorist compared to that of other Jailbreak rule sets so the maps we use are all custom made with that in mind as a restrictive map doesn't mesh well with the style that we have produced.

As a suggestion I urge you to join our discord https://discord.gg/mGSmsd5 And talk to other mappers in our #Mapping and development channel as this will be the best place to ask questions and gather feedback about how your map is progressing and developing compared to what will be expected.

RE: jb_lawyered - dugglez - 08-08-2019

i think there should be cells and a gun room on the map and also skipping

RE: jb_lawyered - Garfield - 08-08-2019

Good luck with ur map!

RE: jb_lawyered - apprehends - 08-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 07:08 PM)Jas8621 Wrote: If you are planing on making a map to potentially be put into our rotation i strongly suggest that you spend a good solid amount of time learning about our particular style as it is very one of a kind compared to that of other more Americanized Jailbreak styles.

The whole essence of Domination servers jailbreak is based off of the MIA ,XJB and Freedom Gamers ruleset which allows for a much more free terrorist compared to that of other Jailbreak rule sets so the maps we use are all custom made with that in mind as a restrictive map doesn't mesh well with the style that we have produced.

As a suggestion I urge you to join our discord https://discord.gg/mGSmsd5 And talk to other mappers in our #Mapping and development channel as this will be the best place to ask questions and gather feedback about how your map is progressing and developing compared to what will be expected.

Any map I have attempted to create previously I have put extensive hours into and I believe it'll be the same for this one. I have played on several JB servers (including american ones) over a course of 5 years. I dominantly played Ban-Hammer but as anyone who was around in that time knows that doesn't exist anymore. I'll join the Discord and I'll be sure to chat to some people. I am also spending some time playing the server to understand what sort of server it is and what sort of maps are included.

(08-08-2019, 07:23 AM)dugglez Wrote: i think there should be cells and a gun room on the map and also skipping

Well of course there's gonna be cells and a gun room. I wouldn't leave out the 2 most important things. Skipping is an iconic map game so I believe it has to be added.

RE: jb_lawyered - Anthonyy - 08-08-2019

Good luck brother, don't be shy to ask questions in our discord

RE: jb_lawyered - Garfield - 08-08-2019

I also think you should do an outdoor Obby as it suits the sky(box) or a soccer imo

RE: jb_lawyered - Shane - 08-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 11:25 AM)apprehends Wrote: Skipping is an iconic map game so I believe it has to be added.
It's always interesting with games like skipping when the mapper can source or create a sort of creative spin, like Revo did with Novaprospekt, which was the transferred onto blackops.
But as Jas said, it's important to make sure the map is tailored to the style of jailbreak that has fueled the community for over 10 years, otherwise you risk the map not getting accepted onto rotation. Any chance we can get a glimpse of other maps you've worked on in the past?

RE: jb_lawyered - apprehends - 09-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 02:24 PM)Anthonyy Wrote: Good luck brother, don't be shy to ask questions in our discord
Thanks man, I sure will.
(08-08-2019, 03:54 PM)Garfield Wrote: I also think you should do an outdoor Obby as it suits the sky(box) or a soccer imo
I believe so far based on what I've done (obviously not in the screenshot above), a lot of the map will be mostly outdoors with a dark tone set to it.
(08-08-2019, 07:00 PM)Shane (2) Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 11:25 AM)apprehends Wrote: Skipping is an iconic map game so I believe it has to be added.
It's always interesting with games like skipping when the mapper can source or create a sort of creative spin, like Revo did with Novaprospekt, which was the transferred onto blackops.
But as Jas said, it's important to make sure the map is tailored to the style of jailbreak that has fueled the community for over 10 years, otherwise you risk the map not getting accepted onto rotation. Any chance we can get a glimpse of other maps you've worked on in the past?
I am personally not a fan of the spin found on blackops, but I'll see what other people want and create a judgement based around that Smile

RE: jb_lawyered - BigDucky - 09-08-2019

Lookin top notch so far bud, loving the layout. I'd suggest obbys and a good kitchen lava game cause generally people love em and when it comes to map games, anything > rng.