Oceanic Servers
Prohibit no mic CTs - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Prohibit no mic CTs (/showthread.php?tid=1320)

Prohibit no mic CTs - Counter - 21-07-2019

I've been playing Jailbreak for at least 10 years and every server I've encountered has a strict rule for CTs that all CTs must have mic.

But DS is the only one where they allow no mic CTs (however they're given lower priority)

Quote:[font=Arial]16. CTs with microphones, that are willing to issue orders, will be given priority over those who do not.[/font]

I posted a staff complaint a while ago that was directly in question to rule 16 where I was slayed and moved to T despite me having a microphone whereas the no mic CT was given priority. This situation would of never happened if rule 16 was amended and instead read something like.
Quote:16. CTs must have a microphone, no mic CTs will be moved. Repeat offenders will be CT banned.

Why does this matter?

Because CTs are supposed to be giving orders. Yes, while the warden is usually the only person who should be speaking in a round, other CTs need to be ready to intervene to either issue warnings or new orders if the warden is killed/slayed.

A lot of times, I have seen the warden killed and the no mic CTs scramble and pretty much massy everyone because they can't order. CT is the only role where microphones are essential, the amount of frustration this brings onto other CTs is a lot and can really spoil a game.

There is no reason a no mic person should join the CT team unless they want to cause frustration or just to be a prick. DS is the only community which allows it but its time to stop it and amend rule 16 to restrict no mic CTs.

Cheers

RE: Prohibit no mic CTs - ONIONZZZ - 21-07-2019

We usually start moving no mics off (and doing mic checks) at around 25 players.

This has worked for our version of jailbreak over the past 10 years, and it still works now.
Pretty simple, you have a mic, message admin chat saying you have a mic and are willing to warden and a staff member will do a mic check.

RE: Prohibit no mic CTs - Counter - 21-07-2019

(21-07-2019, 12:10 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: We usually start moving no mics off (and doing mic checks) at around 25 players.

This has worked for our version of jailbreak over the past 10 years, and it still works now.
Pretty simple, you have a mic, message admin chat saying you have a mic and are willing to warden and a staff member will do a mic check.

25 players to me is way too high, even at 10 players this can be chaotic still. If you have all the CT's or 1 out of 2 or 3 who have no mic, there's no way for anyone to play and kind of defeats the whole gamemode.

I think this is one aspect that needs to be modernised, even if it works well with this version of JB in your eyes I can't see any effective reason for it to not change

RE: Prohibit no mic CTs - ONIONZZZ - 21-07-2019

The whole point is we don't want to limit what you can and can't do as much as the other servers. Originally, this is where the name "freedom" came from. It would also give more jobs to staff, which we also don't want.

Message admin chat if you have a mic and want to be swapped on.. not hard.

So yeah. It's not going to change.

RE: Prohibit no mic CTs - Garfield - 22-07-2019

if your playing jb1 during prime time, there shouldnt be a reason u should ecounter the the warden ded no ct left with mic issue as there will most likely be a staff member on the server

RE: Prohibit no mic CTs - Jas8621 - 22-07-2019

(21-07-2019, 03:25 PM)ONIONZZZ Wrote: It would also give more jobs to staff, which we also don't want.