Oceanic Servers
Poll: kos freekill - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Poll: kos freekill (/showthread.php?tid=1082)

Pages: 1 2

Poll: kos freekill - Deskjet - 20-05-2019

G'day troopers

At the present time, If a counter-terrorist kills a rebeler alongside a non-rebelling terrorist the counter-terrorist gets slayin and the non-rebelling terrorist gets respawned whilst the rebelling terrorist stays dead. I do not think this is a very good rule because if a counter-terrorist cannot wait until a better time to kill the rebeler who is possibly in a stack(for example) it's almost intentionally making a recipe for bad news. This will also make it a lot easier and time efficient for the staff members as all they will have to do is res all the terrorists involved in the incident and will not have to check the kc or ask who was free killed and who wasn't.

Ch ee rs

Edit: To tie up a few loose ends with this rule, as another suggestion related to this one, once the rebelling terrorist is respawned they have exactly 5 seconds before their kos is reinstated. If the rebelling terrorist rushes a ct or steps out of line at all within the 5 seconds the rule automatically becomes void. The 5 seconds will start immediately after the terrorist is respawned. note, this is just a suggestion, please feel free to reply if your thoughts are different.

RE: kos freekill - IVORK - 20-05-2019

So you're saying the CT shouldn't be slain? This would just lead to more frequent shots into stacks that freewound/kill if they're free from consequence.
I feel the opposite would be true as CTs will be more willing to take these shots irregardless of collateral damage, leading to more admin intervention being needed.
Having to wait to get a clean shot may allow the T more time to shoot back, but alike ISIS using civilians as cover, it's just the way things work.

RE: kos freekill - Deskjet - 20-05-2019

(20-05-2019, 09:22 AM)IVORK Wrote: So you're saying the CT shouldn't be slain? This would just lead to more frequent shots into stacks that freewound/kill if they're free from consequence.
I feel the opposite would be true as CTs will be more willing to take these shots irregardless of collateral damage, leading to more admin intervention being needed.
Having to wait to get a clean shot may allow the T more time to shoot back, but alike ISIS using civilians as cover, it's just the way things work.

no i'm not saying cts shouldn't be slayin, they should be slayin on top of all the ts killed by the ct resed while the ct being slayin as it currently is

RE: kos freekill - IVORK - 20-05-2019

Ah, fair point then, however generally going 1 for 1 trades isn't a logical choice due to the ratio.

I've attached a poll just for opinion gathering.

RE: kos freekill - Deskjet - 20-05-2019

(20-05-2019, 09:31 AM)IVORK Wrote: Ah, fair point then,  however generally going 1 for 1 trades isn't a logical choice due to the ratio.

I've attached a poll just for opinion gathering.

ok
thank you Ivork

RE: Poll: kos freekill - J Breakfast - 20-05-2019

Why would we respawn a rebeller when SOMEONE else was freekilled. Why further punish other CTs for a mistake made by another CT by respawning a rebeller and then having to tell all other CTs the rebeller is actually alive and not dead so he still needs to die.. This is just a waste of time on both the player base end and staff end. I know you want to promote better CT positioning and awareness but this will just continually delay the round.

RE: Poll: kos freekill - Deskjet - 20-05-2019

(20-05-2019, 09:51 AM)J Breakfast Wrote: Why would we respawn a rebeller when SOMEONE else was freekilled. Why further punish other CTs for a mistake made by another CT by respawning a rebeller and then having to tell all other CTs the rebeller is actually alive and not dead so he still needs to die.. This is just a waste of time on both the player base end and staff end. I know you want to promote better CT positioning and awareness but this will just continually delay the round.

You make a fair point but to make the rule work as intended the rebeler would become un-kos after being respawned but there this is a bit of a long shot so maybe your right but feel free to reply. Also, your point on disadvantaging other counter-terrorists may happen at the start if the rule is introduced but over time the cts will adapter to the rule and hopefully become less trigger happy which is one the reasons I propose this rule.

RE: Poll: kos freekill - CoiNz - 20-05-2019

I actually think this is a good suggestion, makes cts not carelessly shoot into crowds if they don't care about getting slain. I'm not 100% sure about the rebeller getting his name clean though. It would be easier for staff to quickly sort the issue out though.

RE: Poll: kos freekill - Deskjet - 20-05-2019

(20-05-2019, 12:41 PM)CoiNz Wrote: I actually think this is a good suggestion, makes cts not carelessly shoot into crowds if they don't care about getting slain. I'm not 100% sure about the rebeller getting his name clean though. It would be easier for staff to quickly sort the issue out though.

Thanks coinz, yea the clean name thing was kind of just a side suggestion, was kind of a long shot.

RE: Poll: kos freekill - ✪ sp0oky_craigy - 20-05-2019

+1 good idea