Oceanic Servers
why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - Printable Version

+- Oceanic Servers (https://forums.oceservers.com)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.oceservers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here (/showthread.php?tid=3037)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - Malala - 22-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 02:37 AM)IVORK Wrote:
(14-12-2020, 08:33 PM)gada Wrote: lets be honest, ds is kinda dying. 
[Image: image.png]

JB1 hit 50 tonight. You're obviously not aware that Gametracker takes averages, such that it basically never hits the peaks unless it's like that for a chart like this for at least a couple of hours straight. JB1 is still the #2 community server in Aus/NZ and the #6 JB server in the world. Below is the chart for the HellsGamers JB server, which is what this community was directly based on, some 12 years ago. Without context, you can say exactly the same.
 [Image: server_players.php?GSID=6139876&start=-1...5584929899]

As the former admin of not only here but 5 other AUSJB renditions, 3 of which died off with inactivity, I wouldn't be too concerned. While further comments aren't wrong about the best option being to hold desinc hostage for another video (this is imo 70% of the reason for the initial successes of BG/DS), every member is subject to fatigue, there are a decent number of new staff, and from what I have seen in the admittedly limited playtime I've had recently, a healthy enough game dynamic between players and admins on the server ~~~~

You're not aware about GT yourself, Gametracker only takes averages to determine ranking, the image he posted is not an average but how many players were online at a time, or you wouldn't those drops to 0 players when people are sleeping an average would not be that incosistent anyways, it's a count of how many players were on at the time updated every 5 minutes.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - HOWLZE - 22-12-2020

JB1 hit 50 tonight. You're obviously not aware that Gametracker takes averages, such that it basically never hits the peaks unless it's like that for a chart like this for at least a couple of hours straight. JB1 is still the #2 community server in Aus/NZ and the #6 JB server in the world. Below is the chart for the HellsGamers JB server, which is what this community was directly based on, some 12 years ago. Without context, you can say exactly the same.

As the former admin of not only here but 5 other AUSJB renditions, 3 of which died off with inactivity, I wouldn't be too concerned. While further comments aren't wrong about the best option being to hold desinc hostage for another video (this is imo 70% of the reason for the initial successes of BG/DS), every member is subject to fatigue, there are a decent number of new staff, and from what I have seen in the admittedly limited playtime I've had recently, a healthy enough game dynamic between players and admins on the server ~~~~

I actually asked him about coming back and he said that his middle finger is fucked from bhopping and he has repetitive strain injury, so he can't bhop for more than 10 minutes without pain. So I don't know, it might be unlikely.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - ✪ Deaglegotu - 22-12-2020

This community shouldn't have to rely on desinc to be able to stay alive.
Yes, there would be an influx of players but only a small few would actually stay to be apart of it.
If desinc is willing and would enjoy making another video on jailbreak that would be great but as I had stated the community shouldnt have to need him to stay populated.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - xeno - 22-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 11:35 AM)✪ Deaglegotu Wrote: This community shouldn't have to rely on desinc to be able to stay alive.
Yes, there would be an influx of players but only a small few would actually stay to be apart of it.
If desinc is willing and would enjoy making another video on jailbreak that would be great but as I had stated the community shouldnt have to need him to stay populated.

thank you for these wise very well educated words from a very respected player from jailbreak domination servers from csgo

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - IVORK - 22-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Malala Wrote:

You're not aware about GT yourself, Gametracker only takes averages to determine ranking, the image he posted is not an average but how many players were online at a time, or you wouldn't those drops to 0 players when people are sleeping an average would not be that incosistent anyways, it's a count of how many players were on at the time updated every 5 minutes.

The status updates every 5 minutes, however the graph as presented over 30days, does not. The TL;DR is that the chart not hitting the peak is not an indicator of the server never filling.

RE: why the FUCK is nobody doing ANYTHING around here - Malala - 23-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 02:05 PM)IVORK Wrote:
(22-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Malala Wrote:

The status updates every 5 minutes, however the graph as presented over 30days, does not. The TL;DR is that the chart not hitting the peak is not an indicator of the server never filling.

The graph presented over 30 days is based on the 5 minute updates.
https://0x0.st/iC25.png
https://0x0.st/iC2n.png
If you were to compare it with something that updates more regularly like hlstats you would see the graphs are pretty much identical aside from hlstats being smoother due to more frequent updating.